Chapman House, Inc., an organization established in 1981 and incorporated in 1999, maintains as its mission an increasing commitment to the belief that addiction is a treatable disease; that people can overcome their alcohol and drug dependencies and live successfully in recovery.
We are looking to grow our team with individuals that are positive and passionate about helping people. Our ideal candidate possesses the experience and confidence that yield great outcomes. We are currently looking to fill positions at our facility in Tustin.
Our Behavioral Health Technicians work with people who suffer from alcoholism, drug addiction, or other behavioral problems. The Behavioral Health Technician position is dedicated to support our clinical and counseling staff in day to day operations. They provide oversight and support to help the client recover from addiction and/or modify problem behaviors. Behavioral Health Technicians assist clients with developing coping skills necessary to deal with stress and life's problems in ways that help them recover. If necessary, they work with clients to rebuild professional relationships and re-establish careers. They assist clients with improving their personal relationships and find ways to discuss their addiction or other issues with family and friends.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- This is an entry level position; experience in the field is a plus but not required.
- Experience with KIPU is preferred.
- An individual must possess an understanding of the nature of the disease concept and its respective recovery processes;
- The individual must have a valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A registration or certification in the field of addiction treatment is a plus.
- Behavioral Health Technicians are responsible to uphold and enforce the standards of the Chapman House, Inc. program;
- Responsible for participating in a general daily schedule, which allows for treatment team staffing, in-service meetings, house meetings, physical duties, curfew and personal recovery program, including facilitating non-therapeutic group discussions, such as, morning recovery, 12-Step knowledge, Workbook Group, and Art Therapy;
- Responsible for overall up- keep, safety and maintenance of facility physical property;
- Responsible for rounding on patients per Chapman House Policy, recording vitals on Detox patients and reporting all information in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate documentation of residents regarding the patient’s histories and progress, services provided, or other required information within the Electronic Medical Record;
- In accordance with Chapman House Policy and Procedure, Behavioral Health Technicians are responsible for completing Intake procedure for new clients and completing baseline assessments. Assessments include intake assessment COWS and CAWS.
- Aids in implementing client treatment plans, chemical dependency program orientation sessions, and follow-up or aftercare programs for clients to be discharged from treatment programs;
- Transports clients, as necessary, to doctor appointments, client outings, etc., using company vehicles;
- Collects urine samples for analysis in accordance with Chapman House Policy and Procedure;
- Attends training sessions to increase knowledge and skills;
- Ability to demonstrate consistent professionalism in the execution and performance of duties and responsibilities of this position.
Full-Time/Part-Time Positions available; Day and Evening Shifts, including Weekends and grave yard shifts
Compensation commensurate on experience
Chapman House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
Chapman House Rehab
Why Work Here?
Chapman House is a well established company with a 40 year history helping people with addiction; currently going through a growth phase