The Mold Setter is responsible for the day to day, hands-on operation of automated blow molding equipment, for training associates in various production areas on the floor, and assist the maintenance department to ensure equipment is repaired and maintained timely and effectively. The Mold Setter will regularly be utilized to set molds and change head tooling on blow molding machines.
Position is for 3rd shift: 3rd Shift from 10:30 PM to 7:00 AM.
· Ability to independently set mold and process in a new part from a drawing
· Set up, repair and troubleshoot blow molding equipment, ancillary equipment and support equipment.
· Collect and inspect random shots from molding machines. Uses inspection procedures, specifications and blueprints to determine disposition of parts.
· Operates precision measuring equipment and interprets drawings.
· Performs mold and color changes to meet scheduling requirements
· Establishes/Records/Maintains machine process parameters to mold parts that meet quality specifications.
· Responsible for inspecting machinery to insure all safety features are working properly.
· Performs periodic preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment.
· Blow molding knowledge is necessary.
· Ability to interpret a variety of gauges and measurement instrumentation.
· Use reading and writing, adding and subtracting of whole numbers; direct reading of instruments and similar devices where interpretation is not required.
· Must obtain a tow motor license.
· Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills required.
· Self-motivated and results oriented.
· Must show strong safety awareness and good housekeeping skills
· 2 years prior experience as a blow-molding or injection-molding mold setter or process technician
· Must complete all OSHA required training.
· Must have/obtain a tow motor license.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Chapin International Inc. expanded their blow molding success by opening a subsidiary in Elyria, Ohio on June 29, 2018. The company celebrated by having a cookout to meet-and-greet each new employee. Chapin Custom Molding covers 80,000 square feet. This expansion provides new products and capabilities that channel multiple industries such as toys, automotive, pool supplies, pet supplies, and much more. The facility offers design services, blow molding production, assembly, and onsite warehousing.
By cultivating a culture of accountability, integrity and continuous improvement, we are driven to build upon our history of manufacturing excellence. In so doing, we will exceed customers’ expectations in quality, delivery and value.
Our vision is to become a market leader through innovative engineering, new technology, and continuous improvement to our customers
We are committed to consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations in product performance, service, and delivery.
Our data-based quality objectives, drive continual improvement in customer satisfaction.