Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Product Quality Technician
Chapin Custom Molding, Inc. is an industry leader in blow molding services. Our world-class organization includes exacting manufacturing and progressive technology and design methods enabling us to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are a successful and growing company located in Elyria, OH, approximately 30 miles from Cleveland. If you are a career-minded professional ready for the next step in your career, this position may be for you. Our culture is friendly, open and supportive; we value and reward high performance, and we provide significant opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. We offer continued learning opportunities through in-house training and continued education.
We are currently recruiting for a highly driven Maintenance Technician Trainee who is dedicated, reliable, goal oriented, and self-motivated. This position is responsible for the general upkeep of the facility, the preventive maintenance, and repair of manufacturing equipment, record keeping, and other tasks as assigned. Some of the duties, and responsibilities include:
· Performs preventive, and predictive maintenance on a wide variety of manufacturing equipment, and machinery to include forming, filling and sealing equipment.
· Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, and repair a wide variety of manufacturing equipment and machinery.
· Advise and design new and updating equipment for greater throughput and easy of use
· Performs scheduled, and unplanned maintenance of building HVAC, plumbing, sprinkler, and electrical systems.
· Maintains an inventory of repair equipment and supplies.
· Completes, and coordinates daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual internal or external inspections and manages those records.
· Provide support and assistance with project work.
· Records parts, and materials used, and submits requisitions for parts and supplies.
· Maintains repair records, and assists in procedure development.
· Knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems, PLCs preferred
· Food industry experience is a plus but not required
· 5-10 years of Facilities Maintenance in an industrial facility.
· 5-10 years of production machine operation, preventive maintenance, and repair experience.
· 3-5 years Electrical troubleshooting, and repair experience.
· 5-10 years of industrial maintenance experience.
Position offers competitive wages and benefits; including: medical insurance, life insurance and 10% 401(k) plan. Summer may include 4 day, 10 hour work weeks depending on production demands.
Successful candidates must pass the pre-employment physical and drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
- mechanic: 5 years (Preferred)
- electrical: 5 years (Preferred)
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- 10 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Chapin International Inc. expanded their blow molding success by opening a subsidiary in Elyria, Ohio on June 29, 2018. The company celebrated by having a cookout to meet-and-greet each new employee. Chapin Custom Molding covers 80,000 square feet. This expansion provides new products and capabilities that channel multiple industries such as toys, automotive, pool supplies, pet supplies, and much more. The facility offers design services, blow molding production, assembly, and onsite warehousing.
By cultivating a culture of accountability, integrity and continuous improvement, we are driven to build upon our history of manufacturing excellence. In so doing, we will exceed customers’ expectations in quality, delivery and value.
Our vision is to become a market leader through innovative engineering, new technology, and continuous improvement to our customers
We are committed to consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations in product performance, service, and delivery.
Our data-based quality objectives, drive continual improvement in customer satisfaction.