Automotive B Technician
- Expired: July 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our Work Happy, Drive Happy movement
Are you a hard-working, diligent person with a knack for mechanical repair? Are you looking for a place to work where you can grow your skills and grow your career? Are you looking for a place to work where other people share your values of hard work, saying "yes" and delivering great customer service?
If you just said, "Yes, yes, and YES!" then Chapel Hill Tire is where you want to be.
We're looking for Automotive B Technician.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Test drives every vehicle before service or repair to verify customer complaint and recommends drivability and other vehicle concerns.
- Inspects vehicle engine and/or mechanical/electrical components to diagnose and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Utilizes seat covers and floor mats when appropriate.
- Utilizes company provided diagnostic/checklist sheets to ensure all critical parts are examined.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion standards, using computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Diagnoses problem using testing procedures to pin point the system(s) that is responsible for creating the problem.
- Develops an understanding of the system(s) in order to identify the component that is failing.
- Questions the cause of the failing component in order to identify whether it is the sole fault of said component or failure(s) of other related component(s) that have caused component failure.
- Conducts check engine light diagnostics and brake inspections
- Details in writing on the work order steps taken to diagnose customer complaint and malfunctioning part, and the necessary steps needed to replace malfunctioning component and all other notes/information relevant to the vehicle.
- Prior to returning work order to service advisor or service manager, automotive technician shall completely fill out complimentary vehicle inspection form. Automotive technician will demonstrate his thoroughness of inspection by checking each individual box on inspection sheet. Straight lines down through the middle of the boxes are not acceptable.
- Recommends thorough repairs that fix customer concerns to the extent that customer should be able to rely on repair lasting 3 year/36,000 miles.
- Performs basic care and maintenance, such as tune-ups and flushes.
- Performs oil changes, tire services, and state inspections when situations dictate so that shop can provide timely service to meet customer demands.
- Conducts repairs according to established company procedures.
- Replaces necessary parts and components with only high quality parts for repairs capable of delivering 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.
- Confirms repairs and services by a thorough test drive on predetermined test drive route that has been established by the store manager.
- Performs other duties as required within the scope of responsibility. If all this sounds like your idea of a great opportunity, please submit your application, attach your resume and give us your best pitch for why you'd be a fantastic Chapel Hill Tire team member.
Education and/or Experience: Must meet or exceed standards set by the industry recognized trade organizations. High School diploma or GED preferred. Must have some or limited training in automotive repair, with demonstrated ability and desire to learn and develop further in this area.
License/Certification: Valid driver's license required. NC Safety Inspection License and enhanced Emissions license is preferred.
Computer Skills: Entry level knowledge of computer equipment and applicable software applications
Reasoning Ability: Ability to manage priorities and be able to adapt to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
10 Great Employee Benefits Separate Us From The Competition
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chapel Hill Tire
AutomotiveView all jobs at Chapel Hill Tire