We are seeking an associate veterinarian to join a fast paced, growing practice in South Texas. Chaparral Veterinary Center is a progressive mixed animal practice that has been serving the community for nearly 40 years. We are a true rural veterinary hospital seeing 80 percent small animal, 10 percent equine, 5 percent bovine and the occasional exotic. Our team of 4 doctors practice with modern technology and state of the art equipment while offering high quality, compassionate medicine. We offer a variety of services to our clients and are prepared to see ambulatory and emergency patients with a rotating on-call schedule. We are equipped to see sick patients, with hospitalization available, advanced dental procedures, soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries, advanced ultrasound diagnostics, as well as preventative healthcare. Our progressive practice utilizes digital radiography, Sopix dental digital radiography, GE ultrasound, and in-house IDEXX laboratory equipment. We are also a certified Coggins testing laboratory. Our practice is equipped with a nice waiting room, 3 exam rooms, surgical ward, laboratory area, treatment and kennel areas. Our large animal facilities offer an indoor equine stock and cattle working shoot.
Chaparral Veterinary Center is located in Jourdanton, TX, a quaint town just 30 minutes south of downtown San Antonio. Jourdanton is a great family focused community and is an excellent place to raise a family. Jourdanton ISD is a 3A school with excellent rankings. There are many recreational opportunities with family friendly festivals, sports activities, social clubs, and avenues to enjoy the outdoors. Chaparral is a family owned and operated practice that values work/life balance and a team work environment. We have tenured staff that consists of 3 Veterinarians, 1 Office Manager, 4 Receptionists, and 8 Technicians. We offer a great environment for special interests in medicine and surgery for large and small animal, as well as mentoring new graduate veterinarians.
Experienced and new graduates are welcome to apply. We also offer an extensive benefit program.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- License in good standing to practice in the state of Texas
- Professional demeanor and appearance, with the excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- The ability to make decision and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- Compassionate team player who can maintain a great reputation with clients.
- Commitment to practicing under the veterinary code of ethics at all times.
Powered by JazzHR
Chaparral Veterinary CenterJourdanton, TX
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.