Medical Patient Services Representative
Chapa-De Grass Valley, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Chapa-De Indian Health invites you to advance your career as a Medical Patient Services Representative. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic healthcare organization with a culture focused on work-life balance, career and educational advancement, and the overall support of employee “well- being”.
- Employee annual raises when meeting or exceeding job expectations
- Employer-paid Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision): 100% for employee and 80% for dependents.
- 17 days PTO per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with 6% match
- Fantastic work/life balance
- Opportunities for career advancement
Our Medical Patient Services Representative performs in a dynamic team environment to support our call center and patient service teams. The Medical Patient Service primary focus is to check patients in and out, handle inquiries for both medical and optometry including schedule appointments, verify patient demographics and insurance eligibility, answer questions about services, and other functions pertaining to patient flow.
Medical Patient Services Representative
- Answer high volume telephone lines and provide excellent customer service to patients
- Accurately schedule patients according to clinician and clinic hours
- Monitor no-shows/cancellations for available slots where same day appointments can be scheduled.
- Remove cancelled appointments and confirm next day appointments
- Collect co-pays or other previous balance due.
- Copy and scan acceptable form of ID, required third party information, i.e. , Medi-Cal, Medicare, and private insurance cards.
- Direct patients to eligibility personal as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Average proficiency using a computer to accomplish work
** Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID - 19 vaccine before date of hire to be considered for employment.
- Minimum one year medical office experience
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal, insurance and other resources
- Spanish speaking preferred
About Us: Chapa-De is a non-profit community outpatient health center with a mission to advance the health and well-being of American Indians and low income individuals by providing convenient access to high quality, compassionate care. We have multidisciplinary health care teams that provide a broad spectrum of services including adult and pediatric primary care, nutrition and health education, women's health services, dental care, orthodontia, mental health and substance abuse counseling, psychiatry, optometry, and pharmacy.
Indian Preference.Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants inaccordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, section 472& 473). In other than the above, Chapa-De Indian Health Program, Inc. is anEqual Opportunity Employer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Chapa-De recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to the principals of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is the intent of Chapa-De to maintain a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or Local laws. We are dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Chapa-De provides reasonable accommodation to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation.
Post job offer: pre-employment physical, pre-employment drug screen, TB test, proof of COVID-19 vaccination and annual flu shot (during flu season) are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, your authorization to release information for criminal background check is a contingency for an offer of employment.
Key words: Indian Health Services, HIS, Community Clinic, multi-line phone, greet, scheduling, referral, healthcare, front-office, outpatient, EHR,
AddressGrass Valley, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Chapa-De