Call Center Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Chapa-De invites you to consider a Call Center Representative career. This is your opportunity to join a passionate culture of people focused on providing high quality care to American Indians and low-income members of our communities. Our clinics also offer a fantastic work-life balance and phenomenal benefits.
- Employee annual raises when meeting or exceeding job expectations
- Employer-paid Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision): 100% for employee and 80% for dependents.
- 17 days PTO per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with 6% match
- Fantastic work/life balance
- Opportunities for career advancement
Call Center Representative
The primary function of the on-call Call Center Representative (CCR) is to provide additional coverage on answering all incoming calls for both the Medical, Behavioral Health and Optometry departments with the emphasis on addressing the caller's needs. This could include scheduling appointments, routing for Rx refills, answering questions about services, checking eligibility, sending messages to clinical teams, and forwarding calls for further triage. The CCR is expected to consult frequently with the tactical, front office supervisor and clinical teams. The CCR serves as liaison between Chapa-De staff, other agencies, and patients via the phone with an emphasis on team-based care.
- Accurately schedule patients ensuring that schedule reflects appropriate clinician and effective use of clinical hours.
- Monitor no-shows/cancellations for available slots where same day appointments can be scheduled.
- Remove the day's cancellations from the computer if a patient calls to cancel.
- Confirm next day appointments addressing appointment time, insurance, and Medi-Cal eligibility.
- Answer telephones, handling calls as needed and taking messages when appropriate.
- Greet patients in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries concerning medical advice and patient triage.
- Communicate frequently with the clinical team regarding patient requests, scheduling issues or other aspects of duties.
- Effectively maintain and protect the confidentiality of all medical records and patient information.
- Enter all demographic changes as indicated by patient into the system accurately.
- High school diploma required or equivalent
- Average proficiency using a computer to accomplish work.
- High level of skill in maintaining calm, professional, courteous and helpful demeanor in times of stress.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and complete it on a timely basis with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and seek out opportunities to effect change to promote patient care.
- Strong customer service approach to problem solving situations.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to read, write, understand and spell English and medical terminology correctly.
- Excellent people skills and customer service orientation.
** Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID - 19 vaccine before date of hire to be considered for employment.
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Chapa-De Indian Health Program, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Us: Chapa-De is a non-profit community outpatient health center with a mission to advance the health and well-being of American Indians and low income individuals by providing convenient access to high quality, compassionate care. We have multidisciplinary health care teams that provide a broad spectrum of services including adult and pediatric primary care, nutrition and health education, women's health services, dental care, orthodontia, mental health and substance abuse counseling, psychiatry, optometry, and pharmacy.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Chapa-De recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to the principals of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is the intent of Chapa-De to maintain a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or Local laws. We are dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Chapa-De provides reasonable accommodation to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation.
Post job offer: pre-employment physical, pre-employment drug screen, TB test, proof of COVID-19 vaccination and annual flu shot (during flu season) are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, your authorization to release information for criminal background check is a contingency for an offer of employment.
AddressGrass Valley, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Chapa-De