Quality Control Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quality Control Engineer
Founded by the Channell family in 1922, Channell is a global designer, manufacturer, and seller of outside plant infrastructure equipment. The markets served by Channell are Telecommunications, Municipalities, Internet Service Providers, Wireless, Water, Power, and CATV, among others. Major product lines include a complete line of thermoplastic and metal fabricated enclosures, fiber optic cable connection and management systems and high performance below grade vaults.
The Quality Control Engineer facilitates preventative corrective action and finds solutions to customer complaints. Supports the Quality Auditors with tools to identify non-conformance and uses skills for problem solving and corrective action. Executes process control methods on a wide assortment of manufacturing and assembly processes. Assists the quality team in maintaining the effectiveness of the Channell Quality Management System and supports continued certification of ISO 9001:2015.
- Develops training to build quality awareness throughout manufacturing.
- Provides leadership in compliant areas of internal auditing and ISO 9001: 2015 documentation.
- Executes continuous improvement of Quality Auditor receiving/inspection and Quality Auditor floor auditing
- Monitors and communicates supplier quality performance metrics.
- Conducts supplier audits and issues recommendations and requests for corrective action.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering in the analysis of product non-conformance, customer complaints, and internal complaints.
- Addresses non-conformance and complaints with identification of a root cause with root cause correction.
- Good understanding of quality and safety practices
ABILITY TO/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must understand and follow all departmental safety rules.
- Read and understand written assembly instructions
- Understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- ISO sections pertaining to the position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Quality, Industrial, or Mechanical preferred)
- Minimum 3 years in a Quality Engineering
- Experience in product development and manufacturing release
- Experience in assembly operations
- Experience with an ISO 9001: 2015 certification
- Experience with Engineering Documentation released to Manufacturing
- Experience with Material Review Board techniques and responsibilities
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques and tools
- Demonstrated auditing and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train and mentor
- Working knowledge in spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software
- General understanding of business and financial metrics
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Wear proper personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, steel toe boots, and high visibility uniform
- Capacity to work overtime as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and working conditions requirement indicated below are examples of the demands that must be performed in carrying out the essential job functions.
Physical Demands: Standing and walking (up to continuously); bend/stoop, twist neck and torso (frequently); reach, hold, grasp, push, pull, lift/carry raw material, finished product, tools and machinery up to 50 pounds (frequently); use seeing, hearing and speaking.
Working Conditions: Work indoors and outdoors; exposure to temperatures commensurate with outdoor seasonal temperatures.
Channell Commercial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Channell Commercial Corporation offers a competitive salary and benefits that include 401(K), health insurance, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, and uniforms.
Channell Commercial Corporation
ManufacturingView all jobs at Channell Commercial Corporation