Channel Fish Company Boston, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical,
Company Summary: Channel Fish Company, Inc., is a family owned and operated business that has been serving New England for over 50 years. Located in East Boston, MA, we pride ourselves on being able to provide quality frozen and salted seafood to a variety of industries.
Position Summary: The role of Maintenance Clerk is to maintain the maintenance spares inventory in an organized, clean, and accurate manner. To keep accurate records of Purchase Orders, Work Orders, and parts allocation, and assist the maintenance department with the sourcing of parts for all work orders.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate inventory counts and levels of the maintenance spares inventory in the maintenance shop areas, sheds, containers, and inventory rooms.
- Research, source, and order parts as needed for maintenance work
- Maintain system for managing inventory parts
- Maintain organized and efficient inventory areas
- Check all packing slips for incoming goods for accuracy against actual items received; note discrepancies, supply documentation to purchasing coordinator for processing.
- Create work orders, prepare, and track repairable spares for shipment / repair and provide tracking paperwork
- Assist in researching and locating parts and services from vendors and contractors as needed
- Create purchase orders as required
- Organize, track, and complete purchase orders through completion with account payable.
- Following guidelines, create new inventory part numbers for new parts.
- Identify, record and manage obsolete inventory parts
- Create work orders for internal jobs, enter data for work orders, follow through on work completion
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to three years of related experience and/or training.
- Effective communication skills - speak, read and write effectively. English is a must; Spanish is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with MP2 facilities management systems is a plus. (Ability to enter work orders, parts usage, inventory data etc.)
- Mechanical aptitude is extremely important
- Comply with all corporate policies while working.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy in a dynamic environment.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals
- Speak effectively to suppliers and employees
- Perform basic mathematical calculations such as add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Consistently be at work and be on time
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Communication with multiple shifts, often via email
- Follow tasks through till completion
Job Type: Full-time
Channel Fish Company
370 East Eagle Street BostonBoston, MA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Channel Fish Company