Substance Abuse Counselor
Changing Tides Greenville, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN KITTY HAWK NORTH CAROLINA, RELOCATION IS REQUIRED
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements: Master’s Degree in Counseling. Licensure of Certified as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor or licensure as a Professional Counselor. Salary is commensurate with degree and experience. For individuals in recovery from chemical dependency, a minimum of 2 (two) year sobriety is recommended. Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check prior to hire and throughout employment. Required to possess knowledge regarding the 12 Steps Program and other self-help groups.
Summary Description of Position: The primary role of the therapist will be to facilitate groups, enter appropriate documentation, work with individual clients in developing goals and writing treatment plans helping client complete their goals. Therapists will be responsible for providing appropriate aftercare for clients.
· Interview clients, referral resources, and significant others to obtain needed information to ensure treatment planning, and for discharge planning.
· Complete intake and assessments to include history, basic personality, and to identify problem areas of all assigned clients.
· Carry a case load of no more than 16 (sixteen) clients.
· Develop and implement Clinical Treatment Plans.
· Formulate and coordinate Aftercare or Discharge Planning, and complete clinical discharge summary.
· Conduct individual and group therapies as assigned as well as complete clinical documentation for the client record in a very timely manner.
· Conduct client education on addiction, recovery, and/or other areas as needed for provision of patient care.
· Maintain detailed and timely reports, records and notes of client’s progress.
· Maintain contact with all referral sources. Participate in Referral development activities as needed.
· Maintain contact with family representative of client and ensure updates are provided with a valid Release of Information.
· Other duties as Employer may assign from time to time.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Valid driver's license in accordance with NC DOT.
- Maintain Counseling licensure.
- Maintain American Red Cross CPR/1st Aid certification and Seizure Management
- Maintain Least Restrictive Interventions
- OTHER REQUIRED TRAININGS VIA NCDHHS
Changing TidesWhy Work Here?
Great Atmosphere and Team to work with. Great benefits!