Bookkeeper & Administrative Office Assistant
Changing Children's Worlds Foundation Geneva, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Job Functions:
- Bookkeeper: Includes accounts payable & receivable, bookkeeping, cash flow, payroll, business tax payment, and filing. Issue invoices, reconciliations, petty cash fund management. Ensure that financial transactions are accurate, entered into QuickBooks. Coordinate and prepare financial information for the external accounting firm.
- Administrative & Operations: Office upkeep and maintenance, handling paper flow for hiring/onboarding, and phones/mail. Hiring insurance. Office supplies/equipment purchase and inventory management. Update procedures/activity manuals. Audit. Travel support. Support grant submissions.
- Social Media & Marketing: Create a regular publishing schedule on all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others), includes content management. Develop and expand community and/or outreach efforts. Oversee the design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, using Hootsuite information scheduling. Produce promotional materials, including flyers, posters, newsletters, annual reports. Includes: Website Design & Management: Wix Platform to update business and social network information, optimize the site for search engines, get site analytics, statistics, and others.
- Fundraising & Events: Pre-event tasks include: budgeting and registration (data entry, reports, mailing lists, name badges, communications, mail merge mailings). Marketing: Assist with the development of media, including print and electronic materials (annual appeal letters, brochures, and videos) for fundraising and public awareness. On-site event assistance: registration check-in, set-up, and coordinate interns/volunteers. Responsible for refreshments, raffle, and silent auction cash/credit card receivables. Provide post-event financial information and follow-up correspondence. Recruit potential sponsors/donors.
- Support Education Department.
- Technology Skills: QuickBooks, Salesforce, Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Reader), Google Apps, and IOS.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in Finance, Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Advanced knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable required
- Excellent skills with Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides Others)
- Knowledge in QuickBooks or other major accounting software package required
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Experience in a nonprofit organization - preferred
- Excellent active listening skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking to identify potential solutions or new approaches for current operating procedures
- Strong customer negotiation experience required
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate information in a straightforward manner and resolve conflicts, but with an attitude of exceptional customer service
- CPA is a plus
- Salesforce is a plus
- Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Reader) is a plus
- SPSS Database is a plus
Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Stevens StreetGeneva, IL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Changing Children's Worlds Foundation