If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
The Client Manager is responsible for managing the day to day client relationship by developing and maintaining positive client relations. In addition, the Client Manager coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure client requests are handled appropriately (i.e. within time and budget) while balancing client needs with company profitability. In particular, serves as Change Healthcare's ambassador to ensure satisfaction of clients with Change Healthcare's services. Aligns and partners with the operations team to drive execution and establish priorities.
Location: North Charleston, SC strongly preferred. May consider remote/telecommuter candidates that have the right background.
- Client Relationship/Management: 40%
- Proactively manages client requests for additional information as it relates to: payer trends,system interfaces, compliance, coding, regulatory changes, and budget variance and cash flow.
- Builds client relationship through demonstrated understanding of client needs and changes in market place.
- Stays abreast of internal and external changes to understand current and future state and provide value to the client.
- Identifies client improvement opportunities to enable the most efficient workflows for the client's account receivable
- Ensures ongoing client information flow through both verbal and written communications.
- Works with Director of Account Management and/or Executive Director Account Management to reinforce the value of our services.
- Activates "Promoters" (NPS scores 9 or 10), to build client reference base and drive service value.
- Manages non-complex contract renewals (no request for change in scope of services or fees).
- Client Business Reviews and Meetings: 15%
- Prepares agenda, handouts, and presentations to ensure all client needs are being met as it relates to: financial performance, current trends, future needs of the business, operational excellence, and metrics.
- Works collaboratively with operations (and analysts as appropriate) to ensure proper information is reviewed and presented.
- Practice Management: 10%
- As client contract dictates, maintains the practice's managed care contract matrix and provides timely recommendations to maximize customer revenues.
- Client Invoicing: 5%
- Manages collections process of invoices with McKesson's customers (DSO)
- Serves as first point of contact for customers and finance with respect to client invoicing delays and/or inaccuracies.
- Revenue Cycle Analytics: 20%
- Conducts trend analysis and shares findings with clients.
- Identifies trends and recommends actions to ensure maximum productivity and profitability.
- Collaborates with other BU functions: 10%
- Ensures mutual understanding of goals, objectives and action plans related to client's revenue and book of business.
- Collaborates with sales (as requested) throughout the sales process.
5+ years Healthcare Practice Management and Medical Billing experience
- 3+ years healthcare practice management and medical billing experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proficient/Advanced use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Solid knowledge of the healthcare practice management and medical billing policies, practices and systems.
- Solid knowledge of data processing systems.
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able to build and sustain client relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts verbally and in writing
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of management
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong client and key stakeholder relationship building skills
- Ability to recognize basic procedural issues as they arise and escalate to the appropriate level
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and apply basic concepts in new situations
- Proficient in the latest web technologies and working knowledge of various operating systems
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with lab billing preferred.
- Familiarity with managed care contract terms , negotiations, and marketplace is preferred.
BS degree or equivalent experience in Healthcare Practice Management or Medical Billing. Masters degree preferred
Up to 40% overnight travel required
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreaderoptimized.pdfand the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.