If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all. Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
- Follow up of outstanding A/R all payers and/or including self pay and/or including resolution of denials
- This position is responsible for handling all correspondence related to an insurance or patient account, contacting insurance carriers, patients and other facilities as needed to get maximum payment on accounts and identify issues or changes to achieve client profitability
- Responsible for working EDI transactions and ERA files, including reconciling carrier submissions, edits and rejection reports
- Ability to research and resolve accounts appearing on Delinquent Insurance Report, Collection Ledger and Government Payor report as directed by management making appropriate decisions on accounts to be worked to maximize reimbursement.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (include the major areas of responsibility and the percentage of time allocated to each)
- Meet productivity standards as outlined in client metrics
- Identify any issues or trends and bring them to the attention of management team
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Train others and Q/A work of others as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of the A/R Process
- Ability to meet position metrics goals (KPI's)
- Strong written and verbal communication skillls
- 3+ years' work experience
- Healthcare and / or insurance billing, processing or customer service preferred
- Experience working with Auto Medical Claims and with Attorney offices a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of the A/R process
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Work well with others
- Computer literate
Education / Training:
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Office Environment
- Physical requirements include general office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Commitment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.