If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all. Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
What will I be responsible for in this job?
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will provide customer service by answering inbound patient calls for medical billing for multiple clients. The A/R Specialist communicates benefit information to patients, physicians and insurers who provide insurance verification as required. Specific issues may include educating newly diagnosed patients about the disease and treatments, managing therapies and drug administration and side effects. Interprets medical and insurance information for clients.
- Case management with patients, physicians and insurers primarily over the telephone.
- Provides detailed, technically complex information to patients to facilitate the beneficial therapeutic relationship between the patient, provider and company.
- Maintains and utilizes database information to provide patients with information regarding medical questions/concerns and product counseling.
- Interacts with marketing, sales, information technology and may interact with manufacturing and clinical departments.
Work Hours:*Incumbent must be able to work varying shifts between the hours of 7:00 AM and 6:30 PM CST Monday - Friday
What are the requirements?
- 1 - 2 years of related experience in medical billing and/or patient services
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Medical billing/accounts receivable experience
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish)
- Heavy Customer Service Experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills
- Familiarity with EOBs
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Call Center Experience
- Computer Literacy
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Commitment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.