Sr Oracle Systems Engineer (HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please apply for this position by sending your resume to:
Email: apply AT chandratech DOT com
SUBJECT: Applying for *Sr Oracle Systems Engineer* Richmond, VA
Hourly Rate: $67 W2; $77 CTC/1099
ON SITE: 3 days/week on site required from Day 1. No exceptions!
The conversion salary for the FTE role will be dependent on the skills and experience of the candidates. Candidate must go thru the client's internal hiring process if interested in applying for the FTE role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
35% Provide technical leadership to the client's enterprise resource system and the integration of third-party systems. Direct and manage multiple programming projects using the client's Project Management practices and policies, including Microsoft Project, initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing projects. Proactively and effectively communicate resource constraints, project status, and issues to peers and management. Communicate effectively with technical staff both orally and in writing.
20% Plan, organize and manage programming and application maintenance/development of Ellucian Banner Enterprise Resource system and third-party systems. Coordinate all programming activities of the unit to meet project deadlines and established budgets. Prioritize and schedule work. Define system scope/objectives; determine the extent of programming/coding required; establish estimates for project completion and implement solutions to problems. Prepare detailed technical specifications, instruct, direct, and review project team members' work to ensure compliance with standards/specifications.
15% Meet with application managers/team leads/functional administrators to discuss application and system requirements, specifications, estimates, and timelines to support resources defining data input/output requirements and including internal checks/controls. Provide customer support by helping resources resolve issues in a customer-friendly manner, ensuring resources create user documentation, maintaining application and functional business process knowledge, proactively sharing information, and providing timely feedback on project process. Provide recommendations on business process improvements.
15% Provide leadership to programming staff members on optimum performance levels. Schedule and prioritize work assignments. Provide advice and instruction to programming staff in resolving complex programming problems
10% Serve as the Application System Administrator for the Oracle database in pre-production, test, development, and production environments. Perform software administration, including installation, upgrades, patches, and maintenance for database and Banner application software. Work closely with the DBA, Ellucian, and IT staff to develop, implement, and provide ongoing support for the Banner ERP system. Diagnoses, troubleshoots, consults, and resolves problems with complex systems in an enterprise database/web server environment. Assist with the development and software coding for operating systems (i.e., Unix/Red Hat) and system utilities in support of the environment
5% Perform other duties as assigned by the Application Services Manager, Deputy client
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, or related field (5 years)
- A minimum of 5 years of programming experience required (5 years)
- Experience with business application development with Oracle, UNIX, Solaris, or JAVA. (5 years)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ellucian Banner Enterprise Resource System and supporting functional areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Student, Advan (5 years)
- Experience in developing Oracle PL/SQL code. (5 years)
- Experience in managing or supporting related Banner ancillary software products (i.e., Workflow, FormFusion/IntelleCheck, e-Print, or Automic (UC4)). (5 years)
- Experience as a project manager, team lead, or task lead. (5 years)
- One or more relevant certifications (i.e., Java, Oracle, Oracle PL/SQL Application Developer). (5 years)
- Prior experience working in a higher education environment is preferable. (5 years)
Sr Oracle Systems Engineer PowerShell, Oracle, Solaris, Java, XML, C#
Higher Competitive Rates will be considered for consultants with advanced skill set
Corp to Corp Resumes are welcome
Consultants may need a criminal background check
Chandra Technologies, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Chandra Technologies, Inc.