A Follow-Up Specialist will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.
The primary duties of a Follow Up Specialist will include but not limited to the following.
- Research denied/rejected claims for errors-make necessary corrections and rebill claims accordingly
- Locate and upload all appropriate remits/supporting files for payments and denials
- Complete daily or weekly tasks requested by team lead or other team members
- Complete necessary payer related sales adjustments and cash movement
- Research all system cash errors and rework accordingly
- Work in all payer portals for billing and claim status/denial remittances
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with all team members
- Report billing or account issues/discrepancies to lead and/or designated team member to ensure timely resolution
- Report to weekly team meetings be prepared with any issues or things you want to share with the team or want team lead to bring to management
- Complete other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Adapt to changing situations and have the ability to restructure tasks and priorities as changes occur within the organization a daily, monthly and yearly basis
- Effectively organize and plan work according to organizational needs by defining objectives and anticipating needs and priorities
- Effectively deal with work related problems, pressure, and stress in a professional and positive manner.
- Effectively work and collaborate with others toward a common goal.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with people inside and outside of the organization.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals within and outside of their work groups
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and look for ways to improve and promote quality.