Registered Nurse - Full Time
Champlain Long Term Care L'Orignal, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
We are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
We are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
A day in the role as a registered nurse
As a Registered Nurse you will report to the Director of Care and will be a part of our family like nursing team. As a Registered Nurse you will provide care and satisfying the needs of residents at our home, which will reward you every day. This reward will come from the satisfaction you get from knowing you are making a large difference in someone's life.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting patient health assessments,
- Developing and reviewing nursing care plans that are individual to each resident,
- Providing care according to the care plan ensuring that, the emotional, physical comfort and safety of residents are met to the greatest possible extent,
- Performing routine nursing duties such as providing care to residents,
- Observing and documenting residents conditions,
- Understanding and implementing infection prevention practices,
- Notifying the Director of Care of any Health & Safety risks or concerns,
- Maintaining confidentiality of client and corporate information,
- Completing other tasks as requested.
We take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. Your qualifications give us a chance to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- 1 to 2 years experience in long term care,
- Current registration with CNO,
- Skilled in medication administration, treatment application, subcutaneous injections,
- Knowledge of Nursing Standards by CNO, Ministry of Health and Public Health,
- Strong assessment skills,
- Capable of supervising unregulated staff, ensuring the quality of care provided and that residents rights are upheld at all times,
- Knowledge of documentation requirements and care planning process, including computerized documentation,
- Excellent communication skills with residents, families and fellow employees,
- PCC experience is an asset
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old,proof of a 2 step TB test, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
Why work with us?
Working with us provides a way to make a difference in someone’s life every single day, and an opportunity to make every moment matter. We as an organization are committed to providing our employees with everything they need to be successful, such as support that allows our employees to grow and prosper.
We also provide competitive salaries and benefits packages.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the 9rganization will work with the employee to address them.
All applications to Long Term Care Homes are coordinated by individual community who plan, integrate and fund local health care.
Champlain offers a wide range of personal support services—delivered by a friendly, dedicated staff—that can cater to your unique needs and lifestyle. The following care levels are offered at this residence. For questions regarding which care level may be the best fit for yourself or a loved one, please contact us.
Champlain Long Term Care
Residences offering 24-hour nursing care, assistance with daily living activities and high levels of personal care. Suitable for residents with complex medical needs and/or advanced stages of Alzheimer’s or Dementia who require skilled nursing. Admission and funding are overseen by local government agencies in each province. Long Term Care homes, also known as Nursing Homes, Extended Care Homes or Residential Care Homes, offer both private or semi-private rooms and ward rooms. All applications to Long Term Care Homes are coordinated by individual community who plan, integrate and fund local health care. Champlain offers a wide range of personal support services—delivered by a friendly, dedicated staff—that can cater to your unique needs and lifestyle. The following care levels are offered at this residence. For questions regarding which care level may be the best fit for yourself or a loved one, please contact us.
428 Front Rd WL'Orignal, ON
HealthcareView all jobs at Champlain Long Term Care