- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $22 Hourly
Performs repairs, preventative maintenance, grounds work, and other duties assigned in accordance with CHT policies and procedures to insure the organization’s portfolio of residential apartment buildings and/or commercial rental properties consistently meet or exceed established quality standards.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responds to assigned work orders by investigating the request and performing the necessary repairs under guidance and direction of the team lead as needed to insure positive results.
- Complete semi-skilled repairs that may include but are not limited to carpentry, painting, minor drywall taping, lock smithing, minor plumbing (not requiring a license), minor electrical (not requiring a license).
- Pick up litter on property(ies) assigned as needed to maintain property curb appeal and sanitation.
- Prepares vacant apartments for re-occupancy by repairing or replacing items.
- Under the direction of others implements components of a preventative maintenance system.
- Responsible for equipment and supply management, maintains building inventory and storage of equipment purchased.
- Responsible for keeping records of all work done, invoices of materials purchased, records of all approved equipment purchased.
- Becomes familiar with building codes, minimum housing codes for Burlington (if applicable), Section 8 housing quality guidelines.
- Participates in on-call rotation according to department schedule. During on-call periods, responds to emergency calls during and after normal business hours.
- Use/own hand tools.
- Delivers resident notices.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments or sites
- Other duties as required.
- Work experience in light construction, painting, drywall, plumping, heating, electrical or other trades preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Positive attitude, self-motivation, and willingness to learn required.
- Must be committed to CHT's membership based model of community controlled and permanently affordable housing.
- Lead-based paint Essential Maintenance Practices certification, or ability to obtain it within 6 months of hire.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required.
- Criminal Background Check Required.
Must have ability to:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively, respectfully, and tactfully with customers, employees, vendors, or members of public.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Apply common sense and sound judgement to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employer Rights and Disclaimers:
This job description is not a contract for employment. It is a list of duties and expectations. However, it should not be considered a complete list of expected duties. Duties may be added, dropped, or changed at any time.
The job qualifications may change at any time. Champlain Housing Trust may add, drop, or change any qualifications for the position in order to fit changes in the organization. This job description should not be interpreted as a complete list of job qualifications.
This document does not extend an offer for permanent or continuous employment. Champlain Housing Trust is an at-will employer.
Champlain Housing Trust
AddressSaint Albans, VT
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?