Service Technician 4212022
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Service Technician
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: Corporate Human Resources
Champion Homes Retail is an established homebuilder with more than 65 years in manufactured housing. We offer medical, dental, vision, disability, paid holidays, and other benefits. We value our employees' and their contribution to our team's goals.
Summary: Execute warranty work on sold homes per the service work order by performing the essential duties below. The Home Service Technician is key to a successful customer service experience. The main responsibility of this position is to repair common service issues associated with a new manufactured home. To be successful, a Service Technician must possess many different "handyman/woman" skills. A major objective of this position is to ensure customers are happy & stay happy with their new home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage work schedule by making appointments with customers.
- Order parts from factory as needed. Verify parts with orders. Install new parts or repair issues per work order.
- Maintain a personal work vehicle, which includes keeping vehicle clean, stocked and serviced (company will pay mileage)
- Complete work orders along with being responsible for returning the work orders to the factory for factory bill backs and service file
- Possess carpentry skills in the following areas:
- Trim work
- Window replacement
- Door realignment
- Drywall repairs
- Proficient home repair skills
- Repair/replace toilets, water heaters, light fixtures, door/cabinet hardware.
- Must have tools to complete the job. Inform management of any issues.
- Represent Champion Homebuilders with a friendly attitude and professional appearance.
- Demonstrate strong customer relation skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, reason and solve problems
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal. Understand and execute instructions
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Understand and comply with work safety policies and procedures
- Must provide valid driver's license and hold clean driving record
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 3-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Champion Homes