Manufacturing Plant Controller
- Posted: October 12, 2022
Work in a place where your team values YOU.
Champion Home Builder, Inc wants YOU! We are seeking to hire a Manufacturing Plant Controller to join our team in the Pembroke, NC region.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- 401k plan with company match
- paid vacation
- paid holidays
- Dental, vision, and life insurance.
WHO IS CHAMPION HOME BUILDER, INC?
For decades, Champion has served as a leader in the manufactured housing industry and one of the largest mobile and modular home builders in North America. Champion offers many factory-built solutions, from single-family and multi-family homes to commercial and government buildings. Our manufactured homes, modular homes, mobile homes, park models, and commercial modular buildings can be found throughout the United States and western Canada.
Throughout the organization, we act with integrity and respect. We take pride in our craftsmanship and build strong relationships with our customers, suppliers, and our employees. We know that we would not be successful without our team. In return for hard work and dedication, our goal is to provide a safe, productive, and enjoyable workplace for every employee.
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOMES - JOIN OURS BY APPLYING NOW!
- Prepare monthly financial statements that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the Company's accounting policies and procedures
- Provide meaningful financial information and analyses to plant, regional and corporate management to support:
- the decision-making process of plant, regional and corporate initiatives
- product pricing and profit improvement initiatives
- other ad hoc requests
- Maintain an effective internal control environment to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Safeguard the Company's assets
- Identify opportunities, risks or liabilities that may arise as a result of ongoing business operations
- Promote and support plant safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- The completeness and accuracy of all postings to the general ledger
- Review of all revenue and expenditures to ensure accurate accounting treatment and to provide a comparison to forecast expectations
- Performing the month end close process to ensure timely completion of accurate monthly financial statements o Monthly reconciliation of all significant balance sheet accounts to ensure balances reflect accurate asset and liability values
- Ensuring all key controls are operating as designed and documented sufficiently
- Inform management about unusual or unexpected transactions
- Oversee all plant accounting operations
- Maintain desk procedures for each accounting function
Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting:
- Develop the plant budget and forecasts using input from the plant management team
- Analyze variations from historical performance and provide feedback
- Prepare Excel, Adaptive Planning and templates required for planning and forecasting processes. Create additional planning models as required
- Prepare and/or review time and attendance reports, bonus calculations, payroll reporting and calculations of accruals to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Cross train on time reporting and payroll processes to backfill for the HR person in the event of absence Product
- Pricing and Costing:
- Provide margin analysis to management and assist in the analysis of changes in product volume and mix on compensation programs, throughput, and other costs
- Manage the cost accounting function
- Reconcile physical inventories and provide analysis of inventory gains and losses
- Periodically review bills of material and costing analyses for indications of inaccuracies
- Perform periodic reviews of local processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Company policy and good business practices
- Support internal and external audit requirements, including the preparation and submission of the yearend audit package
- Work with local management to address and correct any policy or internal control issues identified during the performance of audits
- Have sufficient working knowledge of NAV (ERP system) to help users understand the input requirements necessary to ensure accurate output
- Periodically review local user access to ensure compliance with segregation of duties General Manager
- Prepare or review capital expenditure requests and obtain the proper approvals
- Regularly walk the shop floor/plant yard and provide feedback to the appropriate functional managers related to inventories, safety concerns and any other observations deemed important
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, supporting the management team in the identification and implementation of cost savings ideas
- Manages employees performing accounting functions at the plant. Partners with HR to address employment and benefit issues. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be motivated and have a great work ethic
- Must lead with courage
- Must live the Company Operating Principles
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and 5 to 7 years manufacturing accounting leadership experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior Controller or equivalent experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, accounting software and payroll systems
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Champion Homes
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?