Champion City Transit Management, Inc. Operating Company for BAT is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position(s) of Part-Time Bus Operators. CDL Class B License and MA DPU License is required.
We offer a competitive wage after probationary period of $22.80 per hour, a pleasant working environment & the opportunity to grow within the company. Our Employees safety and well-being is our number one priority.
- Responsible for transporting people from one place to another announces routes, and ensures passengers get in and out safely.
- Transport people from one place to another on a transit bus
- Operate bus safely through traffic and obey traffic laws
- Drive regular routes on a schedule
- Deal with unruly passengers.
- Answer questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points and keep passengers informed of delays.
- Report accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and follow directions when using an alternate route.
- Assist disabled passengers.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil
- Follow state and federal transit regulations
- Valid CDL Class B License
- Valid MA DPU License is required
- Experience in Transit work, a plus
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Drug and Alcohol Testing and CORI Check Required
Champion City Transit is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Champion City Transit prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Champion City Transit conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.