Air Quality Testing and Certification Technician ($48,000 to $60,000)
We are looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented Technician to join our team. The individual in this role will be responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing and testing Pharmacy and Lab equipment. Candidate should be a critical-thinker and have excellent communication, organizational and troubleshooting skills. Should also be comfortable working with little to no supervision while performing regulatory certification duties. To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction and safety should be your top priorities.
- Perform air and surface sampling in clean rooms and clean room equipment.
- Perform maintenance and service repairs on biological safety cabinets, laminar flow hoods and containment glove boxes.
- Install new filters or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Use and maintain spare parts inventory including basic maintenance hand and power tools.
- Identify maintenance needs on equipment.
- Adjust airflows on systems.
- Perform emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Provide technical direction to the customer and assist customer with their questions.
- Keep daily logs and record services performed for billing.
- Comply with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
- Ensure compliance with USP 797 guidelines and equipment manufacturers operating standards.
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- Experience as an HVAC technician preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding the principles of airflow.
- Working knowledge of a computer/tablet.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of understanding the lab layout diagram and work plans.
- Will be required to complete formal training and pass the NSF certification test.
- Will be required to complete formal training and pass the CETA CNBT exam.
- Make customer appointments based upon their needs (could be irregular work hours).
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations.
- Travel using your personal vehicle, to hospitals, compound pharmacies and medical offices.
- Some out of town overnight stays are necessary.
- Health, Dental, Vision and IRA Retirement Plan.
- Mileage/Meals/Lodging Reimbursement.
- Paid Training.
- Annual Reviews and Potential pay increases.