The Champaign County Regional Planning Commission seeks a Data Applications Intern to manage, analyze, and present data using databases and web-based tools.
- Collaborate with program staff to manage data and perform quality assurance
- Query, analyze, and visualize data sets
- Develop and use web-based data management tools
- Write documentation, train users, and provide technical support
- At least two years of progress toward a degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced relational database and SQL skills
- Experience with Python or PHP web development
- Basic understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and spatial data
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git
Hours: A commitment to a minimum of 20 hours per week on average during typical weekdays from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Pay Grade: 1
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Starting Wage: $17.00
Benefits: On the job training and great work environment.
Applicants may apply at: www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs
CCRPC is EEO/AA/ADA employer.