Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is seeking a Cook to join our team. Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. From analysis to policy guidance to offering services to our communities, RPC’s people plan for people.
The Cook is responsible for providing and/or preparing nutritional meals and snacks and assisting supervisor in overall management of food services. Cook is responsible for insuring that food ordering, storage, preparation, and serving is completed in such a way as to meet or exceed Head Start Performance Standards, Public Health regulations, and children’s daily nutritional standards. Our culture requires that the Cook ensures a supportive, inclusive, and welcoming environment every day and fosters a sense of belonging and safety for staff, families, and children.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of experience working under a trained cook
- Must have an Illinois Department of Public Health Food Sanitation Manager license or achieve certification within 30 days of hire
- Experience working in an early childhood setting preferred
- Knowledge and experience meeting the Child and Adult Care Food Program requirements preferred
- Knowledge of Head Start and other agency rules and regulations preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred
- Must meet all requirements of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: 1
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (M-F)
Starting Hourly Wage: $12.27
The job description may be viewed at https://ccrpc.org/jobs/job-descriptions/ .
Competitive benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, high quality programming (NAEYC Accredited) and great work environment!
Applicants may apply at www.ccrpc.org/rpcjobs.
CCRPC is EEO/AA/ADA employer.