- Posted: over a month ago
Chaminade College Preparatory is seeking a MAINTENANCE TECHNCIAIN to perform general and sometimes diverse maintenance work related to installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining facilities and equipment in accordance with safety and predictive and preventative maintenance systems and processes. This is a full-time general maintenance position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of facility related equipment and systems.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, and roofing equipment and systems.
- Reads and interprets basic equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, repairs or replaces parts, tests equipment and makes adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Performs a variety of low-level plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material, and reports those and any unusual situations to supervisor.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Moves furniture as required.
- Assists in event setups as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates should have education and/or experience equivalent to two (2) years of experience in building maintenance.
Position requires a valid California driver's license.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Position requires general knowledge of building maintenance and repair techniques and best practices as well as the ability to demonstrate proper use of maintenance tools and equipment.
- The position requires the ability to perform work with and without supervision.
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Must be able to report for work on time and to perform the duties of the job for an entire workday.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
- Ability to perform frequent overtime work, which may involve late night or early morning hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with team members and to follow supervisor's oral and written instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and at job sites can be loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and working on a ladder or at heights.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires good communication skills and ability to read written instructions and manuals.
Deadline for Submission of Applications
Applications are being accepted immediately. This position is open until filled.
Salary and Benefits
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Chaminade employees enjoy a competitive employee benefits program including medical, dental and vision coverages, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contribution, and voluntary supplemental life insurance and long-term care coverages.
Interested applicants may apply online through our employment webpage at: www.chaminade.org/employment. Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter. Any applicant who needs help or needs an accommodation in order to apply for any position should contact the human resources office at (818) 366-9284.
Chaminade is an independent co-educational Catholic school serving students in grades 6-12 at our two beautiful campuses located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. One of the best things about Chaminade is our strong sense of family. We work together, play together, and pray together. We are a family, a community committed to the success and well-being of each and every student.
We inspire young people to love, learn, and lead through our Catholic and Marianist traditions of a living faith, academic excellence, and moral responsibility.
Chaminade College Preparatory graduates are prepared, inspired, and equipped to:
- Share God's love by caring for others and seeking justice and peace.
- Learn, adapt, and grow with the world around them.
- Become servant leaders and positive contributors to society.
The Characteristics of Marianist Education
Chaminade's mission and culture are deeply rooted in the five Characteristics of Marianist Education which are:
- Educating for Formation in Faith
- Providing an Integral Quality Education
- Educating in Family Spirit
- Educating for Service, Justice, and Peace and the Integrity of Creation
- Educating for Adaptation and Change
Chaminade's Commitment to Diversity
Chaminade College Preparatory is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the value that a rich and diverse community brings to our school. Our employee culture is deeply rooted in our Catholic faith and the five Characteristics of Marianist Education. Our Catholic Marianist tradition is lived on our campuses every day, and is evident in our Chaminade Family Spirit where each of our faculty and staff is valued for their unique and varied gifts and talents. Chaminade's faculty, staff, and administration come from all faiths, ethnicities, races, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds and we are stronger for it.
For more information about Chaminade, visit our website at: www.chaminade.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Chaminade College Preparatory is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or genetic information, or other basis protected by law for employment in a Catholic school. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the human resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Chaminade College Preparatory
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Chaminade College Preparatory