The Dentist provides patient dental care through corrective care, the prevention of dental disease and the promotion of dental health.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains confidentiality of patients and corporate information;
- Assists in implementation and updating of the Dental Health Plan;
- Resolves problems requiring administrative authority or professional knowledge;
- Prepares and revises, as required, a written dental protocol, including emergency procedures;
- Conducts an active dental health education program;
- Supervises the completion of the most feasible plan of treatment for each patient;
- Practices four-handed dentistry;
- Provides dental care by diagnosing and treating diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums;
- Examines patient’s teeth and surrounding oral structures, utilizing x-rays, instruments, and other diagnostic procedures;
- Locates and repairs cavities in teeth;
- Extracts impacted, infected or otherwise diseased or troublesome teeth;
- Makes impressions and models of the jaw and mouth as needed;
- Treats diseases of teeth and mouth with appropriate drugs or surgery;
- Advises patients about dental health practices;
- Prepares dental health plans, progress reports, and narrative and statistical reports;
- Maintains current Electronic Dental Records System;
- Must perform peer review;
- Accurately documents and codes all services provided within the allotted timeframes;
- Actively participates in the planning and coordination of patient care with medical, nutritional, social work, and related services;
- Assesses and deploys resources for achieving goals described in the dental health plan;
- Requisitions supplies and equipment;
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance program for dental equipment.
- A DDS or DMD from an approved dental school.
- A valid State of Alabama license to practice Dentistry.
- Must have basic computer skills.