We have an need for Regulatory Specialist, with 3- 6 years of experience in environmental consulting.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position may include:
- Lead jurisdictional delineation and/or CRAM field efforts
- Lead the preparation of technical reports (e.g., jurisdictional delineations, biological technical reports, essential fish habitat assessments)
- Preparation of regulatory permitting application packages, including CWA Sections 401 and 404, SAA 1602, Coastal Development Permits
- Assisting or conducting agency coordination for permits, including USACE, RWQCB, CDFW, USFWS, NOAA Fisheries, SLC, CCC, USFS, and Caltrans
- Writing and conducting biological or water resources sections of environmental assessments in compliance with CEQA and/or NEPA
- Preparation of proposals for projects.
3+ years of professional experience related to at least three of the following:
- Biological resources assessments
- Jurisdictional waters delineation, including wetlands
- California Rapid Assessment Method
- Regulatory agency permitting
- Coordination with state and federal regulatory agencies
- CEQA/NEPA documents
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint and Project
- Demonstration of critical thinking skills
Education and Experience:
- B.S./B.A. in Marine Biology, Ecology, natural resources, environmental studies/planning or a related field.
- Familiarity with aquatic, wetland and/or marine species in Southern California
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
The position is Full-Time with benefits.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Plans (HMO, PPO), Dental, & Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Vacation & Sick Time, Holidays
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefit Options
Chambers Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusion and diversity. EOE-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity. Chambers Group Inc. will make employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner.