Chambers Group, Inc. provides environmental consulting including, environmental permitting and planning; biological and cultural resources services; and restoration services. We seek the best and brightest to join our team – individuals with talent, passion, and commitment who bring new ideas, creativity, and energy. You will find variety, challenges, and growth opportunities with our firm. We invite you to discover the potential career opportunities available to you at Chambers Group with the current open position. For more information please visit www.chambersgroupinc.com
Location: San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles
We have an immediate need for cross-trained paleontological/archaeological monitors, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in providing technical assistance for paleontological assessments, monitoring, fossil salvages, and significance evaluations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Paleontological monitoring experience should include jacketing, and recovering specimens, sample recovery, recording fossil localities and geologic data, and preparing stratigraphic columns.
- Conduct paleontological desktop assessments and prepare technical documents.
- Map and site recordation on Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 series forms; including site mapping, photography, and descriptions. Familiarity with other state site forms a plus.
- Conduct archaeological site investigations at all levels from survey through test excavation and stratigraphic analyses.
- Archaeological survey, testing, monitoring, data recovery, and excavation experience required.
- Map and site recordation on appropriate forms; including site mapping, photography, and descriptions.
- Prepare draft summaries, figures, and graphs by tabulating analytical data, site data, and field notes at the direction of project team.
Desired skill and Expertise:
- Ability to work for long hours in challenging environmental conditions – hot weather and uneven terrain.
- Ability to use excavation tools, various GPS units, map paleontological finds.
- Demonstrates initiative, independent thinking, good problem-solving skills, excellent field skills and educational background in specific discipline.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, and exemplary work habits, especially related to safety, common sense, punctuality, and adaptability.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical discipline required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree – in Paleontology, Archaeology, Geology, Biology or a closely related field.
- Documented/demonstrated experience performing paleontological monitoring and mitigation.
- Monitoring experience in Southwestern U.S preferred
This is a temp position. The work will be done in the office with field visits, as needed, to manage projects.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with your resume and cover letter.
Chambers Group Inc. is an Employee Owned Company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value inclusion and diversity – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity. Chambers Group Inc. will make employment decisions in a non- discriminatory manner.
Something interesting is always going on at Chambers Group and you can be part of it. We want the best and brightest to join our team - people with talent, passion, and commitment who bring new ideas, creativity, and energy. You will find variety, challenges, growth opportunities, and a chance to shine. The dynamic environment at Chambers Group is based on fast growth which will challenge you to raise the bar. A diverse workplace enables us to attract the best talent and foster innovation. We invite you to visit www.chambersgroupinc.com for more information.