As the Part Time Technical & Simulation Support Specialist you provide support Tier 1 and 2 support for the campus, associated campuses and remote locations. You perform end-user support duties, maintain and support campus devices, and assist students and faculty with utilizing technology. You are also responsible for providing basic technical support to the SimCare center.
- Maintain all operational aspects of all desktop/laptops, peripheral devices, and communications equipment.
- Test computers and ensure systems are functional.
- Install software updates as directed.
- Troubleshoot support issues, log issue into Remedy Incident Management System, and escalate as necessary.
- Performs regular maintenance and upgrade of computer equipment.
- Physical set up of computers and software.
- Assist with the local Help Desk; provide support for students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist with password resets requests.
- Acts as point of contact (liaison) for facilities related needs (responsible for coordinating onsite vendor work)
- Requires approximately 5 hours per week
- Respond to requests, service calls and equipment setup assistance on short notice.
- Attend and support all Simlab on-site training, webinars and conferences.
- Ensure all equipment is setup and is in good working order.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field preferred.
- 2 years’ experience with desktop support or in a help desk
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Active Directory in a large network environment
- Must achieve Chamberlain University SimCare Technical Support Certification as evidenced by successfully completing Laerdal, Gaumard and Learning Space training
- MCP and A+ certification desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Advanced PC troubleshooting skills.
- Good working knowledge with Hardware/Software installation in a network environment.
- Entry level experience with networking, data, and voice systems.
- Knowledge of printer troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience with classroom equipment a plus.
- This position may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States