Account Director, Real Estate Public Relations - DC
Chaloner Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Chaloner has partnered with BerlinRosen on their search for an Account Director, Real Estate Public Relations based out of Washington DC.
Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE REAL ESTATE TEAM
Our Real Estate practice helps visionary companies in real estate, infrastructure, hospitality, architecture and design who are shaping the future of cities.
We work with industry leaders, award-winning institutions and global innovators such as Brookfield Properties, Jamestown, Ennead, the Practice for Architecture and Urbanism, and more.
With a team of over 30 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup. We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, government and policy pros, and expert communications professionals obsessed with developing the future of cities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Director to join our rapidly-growing team and lead our work in the Washington DC region, including projects in DC, Virginia and Maryland.
The Account Director will lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and lead junior staff, and conceptualize strategies, pitches and media placements. This person will work closely with client leads and internal staff, delegating to peers and junior staff and develop and advance strategy with senior leaders. This is a great opportunity for someone who is well-plugged in the world of media and regional politics, has a passion for cities and the built environment, and wants to take the lead on client initiatives and work.
Note: This role will be based in Washington, D.C. office when we return to our offices (tentatively fall 2021). The role will require occasional travel to New York City.
As an Account Director on the Real Estate team, you will...
- Develop and implement communications strategies and plan campaigns for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Manage clients
- Engage with key reporters
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
- Participate in business development opportunities
- Manage internal client teams and mentor junior staff
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE...
- Has at least 5 years of strategic communications experience: in-house, media, journalism, PR agency or government
- Has deep experience in media relations and public affairs, and an interest in PR for corporate clients
- Has outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Is an expert multitasker. Project briefs change, deadlines move. It’s the nature of the business, and not only can you keep up with our fast-paced process, you thrive off of it. You have an ability to handle multiple projects at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Writes well. Your background in written communication includes extensive experience developing sharp, compelling online content.
- Is a team player. You have an ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
Interested candidates should apply by using the application form. Chaloner will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.
BusinessView all jobs at Chaloner