Are you a successful logistics professional with dreams of building a business and financial independence? Are you ready to take your business to the next level as an Independent Operating Agent?
If so, Challenger would like to offer you the opportunity as an Agent to work from home or your field office with autonomy to pursue your own business style with the support of our brand and wide range of service offerings.
- Competitive, straightforward, bi-,monthly, 100% commissioned pay structure
- Brand recognition of a highly respected asset based, industry leader with a strong reputation of putting their people and customer’s first
- Access to load boards
- State of the art, web based TMS and sales technology, accessible anywhere there is high speed internet
- No technology fees
- A proven track record with complex project work
- An experienced team of knowledgeable professionals from every aspect of the transportation and logistics business on hand for mentoring, advice and input
- The opportunity to be part of an exclusive team, not just one of hundreds of agents
- Fast and easy conversion of your customers
- Extensive marketing support including business coaching and sales training
- Sales support, right up to our V and C-level executives
- Referral bonuses
The Independent Operating Agent is responsible for:
- Sourcing and pursuing your own leads / prospects, converting them into customers and maintaining the account
- Following the Challenger process for vetting leads
- Providing all pricing responsibilities excluding Intermodal Pricing (provided by Challenger)
- Negotiating rates with carriers and customers
- Sourcing carriers and following the steps to ensure they are deemed to be in line with Challenger partner carrier standards
- Entering orders into our TMS
- Tracking and tracing your customers loads
- Ensuring the delivery of proper load documentation for prompt invoicing, carrier payment and Agent commissions
Challenger is responsible for:
- Establishing customer credit and collections
- Carrier set up and payments
The successful Agent will require the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ transportation experience, in an operations role.
- You will have an established contact list to work from to generate leads.
- Self-contained office capabilities: Internet, phone, personnel and tech.
- All successful applicants will be required to agree and adhere to the Challenger code of conduct and business ethics.