Challenge Charter School is an "A"-Rated, National Blue Ribbon School, public charter school seeking:
Exceptional Early Elementary Teachers and Assistants in Kindergarten - 6th grade and Special Education
Seeking maternity coverage and teacher support with options to join the team full time after the coverage.
Founded in 1996, “CCS is an established, unique, supportive, and safe learning community where kids come first in all decision making, accountability is embedded in all processes, and academic rigor and citizenship are pillar expectations & motivators for all: staff and students."
The school’s Core Knowledge® curriculum is “engaging, challenging, and content-rich" at the appropriate developmental level, and integrated across disciplines for a foundation that “promotes academic excellence for all learners, while remaining flexible enough" to meet individual needs. Hands on and project learning is a must to engage all types of learners and is an expectation of all CCS staff.
The CCS Team is passionate about kids’ first decision making in education and also in fostering and embracing a love for the life-long learning process for everyone. Therefore frequent and transparent communication throughout the tolerant, strengths-based CCS culture is an expectation of all CCS staff.
At the heart of the CCS mission is academic accountability and all positions are an integral part of the community of parents, educators, community members, and stakeholders, all working together in the best interests of all CCS students.
Challenge CS offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes ASRS - AZ State Retirement.
Challenge CS is seeking team members committed to:
• Excellence in education.
• Developing and implementing hands-on, engaging, content-rich, differentiated lesson plans.
• Meeting individual student needs.
• Effective parent communication and partnerships.
• Fostering a life-long love of learning.
• Professional Development.
• Tolerance & Teamwork.
• Data driven instruction with fluidity for student needs.
• Positive reinforcement.
• Curricular development, implementation, oversight and alignment for the Core Knowledge sequence and the AZ College and Career Readiness Standards
• Benchmark assessments and record keeping
• Strong communication skills both written and oral
• School event and activity planning & attendance
• Determining & securing resource needs
• School policy enforcement
• Community outreach
• Interfaces, communicates, and integrates with all members of school community in promotion of a supportive, strengths-based team approach that puts kids first.
Area Competency Required (NCLB-HQ-Highly Effective)
State Certification (any state)
Core Knowledge curriculum experience a plus!
All positions require a Class One Arizona fingerprint clearance card