Night Lab Technician
Chalice Brands Ltd. Clackamas, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Chalice Brands Ltd. (“Chalice” or the “Company”), is a premiere consumer-driven cannabis company specializing in production, processing, wholesale, distribution, and retail, with twelve dispensaries in Portland, Oregon. The Company is committed to developing a dynamic portfolio built around the recognized brands of Chalice Farms, with a focus on health and wellness. Markets served include Oregon, California, and Nevada. Chalice Brands Ltd. is a publicly traded company with shares listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange (“CSE”) under the trading symbol “CHAL.CN” as well as the OTCQB under the trading symbol “CHALF”.
The Lab Technician is part of the team that produces cannabis oil extract through various techniques and processing. The position also records processes through state tracking system (METRC) and company batch log documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating & monitoring rotary evaporators.
- Performing ethanol washes using the centrifuge
- Cleaning glassware & machinery using ethanol
- Filtering & dewaxing cannabis oil
- Helping the Luna Lab tech with anything they need throughout the night.
- Operating the falling film evaporator.
- Preparing material for ethanol washes
- Performing R&D extractions for pesticide screens on incoming material.
- Data entry into METRC
- Communication with Lead Extractor to receive daily task list and priorities.
- Using the flaktek speed mixer to homogenize different types of product.
- Perform full decarboxylation process
- Using vacuum ovens to purge different products
- Sometimes floating and helping out wherever needed in the lab.
- Attention to detail
- Technical Skill
- Technicians must have knowledge of production and processing, mathematics, knowledge of mechanical machines and tools.
- Knowledge of the English language
- Basic laboratory instrumentation
- Good communication skills
- Technical ability
- OLCC Marijuana Workers Permit
- Relevant practical laboratory work experience is helpful, but not required.
- EPA Handcard, not required but preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is in a general warehouse environment with moderate to loud noise.
- Frequently stand and/or sit for 6+ hours at a time.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, in multi-temperature environments ranging from 60F to 100F.
- Consistently around plant material, working with hands
A science degree is not always necessary, although good qualifications in appropriate scientific subjects are helpful. Appropriate subjects include, but are not limited to biology, biochemistry, chemistry and life/medical/physical sciences.
Powered by JazzHR
Chalice Brands Ltd.
HealthcareView all jobs at Chalice Brands Ltd.