Graphic Designer - Part Time - In House - On Site
Chalet Wilmette, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k
With the goal of creating a Chalet brand ecosystem and elevating the brand presentation with one voice and in a cohesive manner, this newly created position on our Marketing Team will be instrumental in delivering the day-to-day external touch points with our customers and business partners and communication pieces to support Chalet, our brand, and our key business units: High-end residential landscape services, flagship lifestyle retail store, and locally-grown plant production operation). We will bring graphic design work in house and we are seeking a Graphic Designer to take innovative media-agnostic solutions across a range of disciplines, from conceptual development, through actual design and execution/ production:
· Develop banners & support updating features (2-3x/week)
· Promotions & events: Create banner designs to support all promotions and special events (1 theme x up to 3 different banner sizes).
· Learning Center Seminars/events: Develop a key visual for each event (45+/year)
· Products: Secure image assets – photos & videos
· Blogs: Secure image assets, promotions, blogs, customer reviews, learning center, events, etc.
• Marketing Assets:
· eBlasts: Graphic designs, Test /QA (2-3/week; 100+/year)
· Digital banner campaigns: up to 5 different sizes per campaign for Acquisition & Remarketing
· Direct Mail – Postcards, catalogs, hyper-local mailings supporting Landscape
· Collateral: Retail posters (1-2/week; in 2 different sizes); buck slips (30+/year), event coupons, in-store signage
· New graphic treatments for new services & offerings (e.g., Chalet Signature, Sprouts, etc.)
· SRG: Support developing design-related explorations
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following skill sets and abilities:
· Your own portfolio website featuring a wide range of your creative and innovate work
· Degree in graphic design, graphic arts, advertising, marketing or related field preferred
· 3+ years of experience working either on the visual side of an advertising agency, as an art director, a graphic designer, or in another but related role
· Excellent typographic skills and rich knowledge of production as related to offline (print)
· Advanced proficiencies in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
· Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. Experience designing websites using Shopify or other major webhosting platforms is a plus
· A strong, independent, and conceptual thinker who can take a project from concept through development and design to production and then apply across all media channels and tactics
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and collaboratively work on a team and with teams
· A problem solver who has the ability to juggle multiple projects focusing on the details while keeping the big picture in mind
Work Schedule: This is a part-time opportunity (approximately 24 hours per week) and preference will be given to candidates whose work/life balance affords them the flexibility to be in our Wilmette office either three 8-hour days or four 6-hour days. Thursdays and Fridays are a must.
Compensation and benefits will include a competitive hourly rate of pay; vacation and paid sick accruals; 401(k) eligibility with match; and a generous discount on product.
In order to be considered, please submit the URL of your own portfolio website that features a wide range of your graphic design work.
ChaletWhy Work Here?
If you work with us at Chalet, you'll have the chance to beautify our customers lives and work alongside great people!
Chalet is the premier source to landscape people's lives. Whether its through our landscape services, at our retail store, or with the plants that we locally grow ourselves. Chalet is family owned, and has been for 103 years! We grow plants, but more importantly, we grow people and relationships. Please consider joining the best!
3132 Lake AveWilmette, IL