Chalet has an opportunity for a Container Designer to join our team, reporting to our Director of Chalet Signature, working at our Wilmette campus. Chalet Signature is a newly formed business unit that specializes in the creation of handcrafted planter arrangements curated with indoor and outdoor plants: succulents, tropicals, annuals, perennials, natives, vegetables, herbs, evergreens, other plant material, and mixed mediums. Chalet Signature brings a combination of unparalleled horticultural expertise and artistry to homes on Chicago’s Northshore - both indoors and outdoors. Arrangements can be made to order, selected in store, or installed on customers’ properties.
Responsibilities of a Container Designer:
· Design and assemble indoor and outdoor planter arrangements. Arrangements can be custom (per very specific and individual customer requests), select (per Chalet Signature recipes/kits), or cash and carry.
· Utilize the full plant pallet in your designs from our expansive inventory of indoor and outdoor plants: succulents, tropicals, annuals, perennials, natives, vegetables, herbs, evergreens, seasonal and other plant material.
· Listen to individual client needs and recommend design solutions.
· Collaborate with other designers to create trend-setting, profitable containers that exceed client expectations and meet all brand standards.
· Take ownership of the client relationship throughout the sales process.
We are looking for a creative, inspired, receptive, trend-setting, client-focused, team player with the following qualifications:
· A portfolio that demonstrates the breadth and depth of custom arrangements – potted, stems, and mixed mediums.
· Previous experience creating custom potted planters preferred. Alternatively, related experience from the floral industry, staging, tablescaping, interior design, and/or event planning could provide the necessary experience.
· Sales and relationship building experience where you have expertly provided client service and met sales goals.
· An outgoing and kind personality, who is a good listener, and able to professionally give and receive design critiques per our design standards.
· Ability to stand on your feet, lift/push/pull up to 40 pounds, and adaptable to indoor and outdoor environments.
· A two or four year degree in horticulture or landscape design would be a plus.
· Our interview process will include creating an arrangement pursuant to a specific design aesthetic.
This is a full-time, year-round position, working 5 days per week (which includes one weekend day). During the 14 weeks of the height of our seasons, your schedule will shift to a 6 day work week. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off, holidays, product discounts, and 401(k) with match.