Chalet’s Retail Store is looking for a savvy, strategic and supportive Assistant/Replenishment Buyer to join our talented team who was named “America’s Most Innovative Garden Center”. Reporting directly to the Buyer and Visual Merchandising Manager, you’ll primarily be responsible for buying product in line with our merchandising and sales plans as prescribed by our Head Buyer.
· Analyze reports and tools to maintain the required inventory of assigned product categories (which include home décor, gift & accessory lines, garden art, gardening products and tools, ceramic and cement containers and statuary, pet products, and others)
· Review, forecast, determine delivery dates, and place orders with vendors, including custom orders.
· Administer purchase orders, RTV’s and adjustments working with our both our office staff and our vendors.
· Assist in the development of a purchasing plan by analyzing inventory levels, financial statements and sales reports, determining targets and assessing trends.
· Communicate price changes with Head Buyers, adjust accordingly in inventory system, maintain shelf tags, signs and price labels to ensure accurate pricing.
Build constructive, long-lasting relationships with reps, vendors and colleagues (especially sales and visual team members). Attend buying shows and meet with vendor representatives.
· Report to Head Buyers in an advisory role for product selection and liquidation. Collaborate with Head Buyers and Marketing department for promotion of product through all Chalet channels – retail, eComm, and landscape sales.
· Partner with Inventory and Visual teams to maintain product displays as needed, and participate in customer events.
The ideal candidate will have these qualifications:
· 2 to 5 years of buying, sourcing, inventory management, or product development experience.
· Bachelor’s degree desirable, especially in fashion, retail management, business, or the equivalent.
· Advanced Excel abilities and competency in the Microsoft Office platforms and windows-based POS systems.
· Solid negotiation skills, and be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
· An unflappable customer service mindset and a collaborative, friendly and helpful team nature.
This is a full-time, year-round position that is eligible for our benefits and compensation package including base salary, medical, dental, life and disability insurances, paid time off, holidays and 401(k) with match.