- $20 to $22 Hourly
The Chahal Cardiovascular Centre is looking for an enthusiastic Medical Receptionist to serve our community, in a novel and innovative cardiovascular centre in Oakville, Ontario.
The team at the Chahal Cardiovascular Centre is looking for a candidate who demonstrates excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and enjoys being an integral front-line member of a healthcare team with a common goal of improving healthcare. We are looking for a dedicated candidate who takes a high level of initiative, anticipates the vision and growth of the centre, and enjoys an atmosphere of mutual respect and compassionate care for the community we serve.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Serving as an invaluable liaison between patients and the healthcare team. Greeting patients in a friendly, helpful, and respectful manner. Assessing their needs, answering questions, and directing patients to the appropriate location.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor regarding privileged and confidential patient information.
- Registering patients, scheduling appointments, handling calls, handling voice messages, and responding to patient inquiries and clerical requests.
- Obtaining required documentation, including following up on patient test reports and consultation reports.
- Obtaining key demographic and health-related information and registering this information accurately in the EMR System.
- Scheduling/rescheduling patient consultations and diagnostic appointments.
- Resolving patient-related conflicts and concerns in a timely manner.
- Participating in required meetings, documenting meeting minutes and pertinent learnings.
- Preparation of reports and documents for the healthcare team
- Maintaining a tidy and organized reception area.
- Performing other administrative duties related to clinic operations, as required.
- Administrative experience/customer service experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills, with competency in spoken and written English. Additional spoken languages are an asset.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Problem-solving capabilities and a proactive approach to potential concerns. Ability to resolve conflict, in a calm, tactful manner.
- Experience with working with electronic medical records (EMR) or similar programs is an asset.
- General office skills, including computer proficiency, typing, filing, and documenting. Familiarity with office equipment including multi-line telephones, computers, printers, fax machines, etc.
- 2-3 years of previous experience working in a medical facility is strongly preferred.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
Interested Candidates, please provide your updated Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae. While we appreciate all of those who apply, only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chahal Cardiovascular CentreOakville, ON
Get fresh Medical Receptionist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.