Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Technical Lead
- $40 to $45 Hourly
The Chahal Cardiovascular Centre is looking for an enthusiastic Echosonographer to serve as our Technical Lead, in a novel and innovative cardiovascular centre in Oakville, Ontario. This Centre is founded on the vision of Dr. Chahal, who served as the Medical Director of the Advanced Heart Failure Program at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic, in the United States. With the assistance and foresight of many of her mentors in Toronto and Cleveland, she has now brought her international expertise to her hometown and is looking for a candidate who demonstrates an innate ability to lead and be part of a collaborative team, with a goal of modernizing healthcare. We are looking for a team member who takes a high level of initiative, anticipates the vision and growth of the centre, and enjoys an atmosphere of mutual respect and compassionate care for the community we serve.
The echosonographer will be responsible for performing transthoracic echocardiography and stress echocardiography studies, both with and without contrast-enhancing agents. The position will involve processing the data, creating preliminary diagnostic reports, and notifying the healthcare team of any urgent or abnormal findings. As this is a leadership role, involvement in monitoring the quality and consistency of diagnostic images with performance metrics is essential. Observing and caring for patients in a professional manner throughout the entire diagnostic assessment is also imperative. Initially, this will be a part-time position, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, and is anticipated to evolve into a full-time position.
Proficiency in adult studies and associated echo modalities include:
- Echocardiography with Doppler US, with contrast-enhancing agents (e.g. Definity)
- Agitated Saline Contrast Studies
- Stress Echocardiography
- Must be a graduate in Cardiac Diagnostic Medical Sonography diploma from an accredited school in Canada or the U.S.
- Current RDCS registration in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or the Canadian Association of Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP)
- Registered with CMRITO
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required
- 3 years of recent echocardiography experience preferred
- Certification in IV skills is an asset
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent understanding of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and electrocardiography
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on customer service, dealing professionally with patients and the health care team.
- Effective problem-solving skills, and critical thinking
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in an inter-professional team environment and independently
- Demonstration of leadership qualities, with a high level of initiative.
- Excellent punctuality, reliability, attendance, and work record required.
- Attention to detail and meticulous by nature.
- Commitment to ongoing professional education and improvement.
- Computer skills (keyboarding), familiarization and knowledge of MS Office/EMR, and general internet knowledge is an asset.
Interested Candidates, please respond with your updated Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae. While we appreciate all of those who apply, only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chahal Cardiovascular CentreOakville, ON
Get fresh Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Technical Lead jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.