The Executive Assistant/Office Manager requires a highly-responsible administrative professional who oversees general office operations and procedures, including managing organizational systems, maintaining equipment and systems and supporting staffing with meeting coordination. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, will be well organized and flexible, and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small but growing office of diverse people and programs.
The Chabad's Friendship Circle currently has more than 150 teenage volunteers who serve as mentors and friends to 150 children with special needs. The FC/C is currently involved in an exciting community effort supported by the Children's Trust, Miami Dade County, the State of Florida and a wide range of prominent community leaders to expand its services and develop a new 20,000 square foot Friendship Circle Campus.
This position requires a well-organized and motivated individual that possesses excellent interpersonal skills both in a group setting and on an individual basis with volunteers, board members and families.
- Assist the Executive Director with his daily schedule and duties, to include managing calendars, commitments, and other supporting arrangements.
- Support the Executive Director in his duties and outreach to the board of directors, donors, elected official and other key supporters.
- Provide general administrative support to the FC/Chabad team to include:
o Receiving and interacting with visitors;
o Answering and managing incoming calls;
o Arranging meetings and conference calls (including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas and meeting materials, etc.);
o Drafting correspondence and presentations and supporting mailings;
- Providing support for all Chabad and Friendship Circle programs, including:
o Overseeing and updating databases and registrations, RSVP’s, forms and all information intake for programs, services and projects;
o Assisting with creating and updating all educational materials, handbooks, donation cards, and other materials;
· Perform general office/facilities management duties to include:
o Liaise with facility vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
o Managing the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed;
o Planning space allocations, layouts, and arranging for and supervising building maintenance;
o Maintaining office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep.
- Support the Development Department to include:
o Responsible for data entry and supervision of data systems and record-keeping procedures to track current and potential donors
o Support stewardship systems including acknowledgment, recording and reporting all gifts to ensure and facilitate appropriate donor stewardship.
o Responsible for providing administrative support including meeting coordination, correspondence, thank you letters, departmental mailings, etc.
o Assist with the preparation of development-related events.
o Recording, transcribing, and distributing notes/minutes of board meetings; and
o Support board meetings and fundraising committee meetings.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years administrative experience in a fast-paced, detail-oriented office environment
- Demonstrated success in establishing and managing office operations and managing multiple priorities as needed
- Customer service orientation to work both with internal and external clients and exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and problem-solving skills
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday; must be accurate and conscientious
· Demonstrated success in establishing and managing office operations and managing multiple priorities as needed
· Customer service orientation and ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks; must be accurate and conscientious
· Self-motivated, flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
· Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and Google Apps
· Proficiency with SalesForce a plus
· Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Friendship Circle
· Proficiency with online services such as MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, a plus.
· Proficiency with Social Media a plus.
The salary for this important position is competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise, plus generous paid time off policy.