Cetechs North Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Veterans Affairs Health Care Center
The Pharmacy Technician provides support for the licensed Pharmacist. The incumbent while under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist will be expected to perform supportive functions independently. The incumbent is expected to maintain a high degree of accurate productivity and performance when performing critical functions. The technician's major duties will include:
· Setting up, filling, and preparation of medications, including sterile products, for dispensing.
· Labeling all medications appropriately for dispensing to patients, wards, or clinics; including all applicable auxiliary labels.
· Delivering medications to appropriate areas. Noncomplex preparation of sterile compounds (if trained and locally certified to perform this function).
· Using automated pharmacy equipment.
· Answering telephone calls and receiving messages for the pharmacist.
· Customer service duties to include answering general questions from external and internal customers.
· The technician will be assigned an area of responsibility (i.e., ward stock, expiration dates, Pyxis maintenance) for which they will manage.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Policy.
- English Language Proficiency: Pharmacy technicians appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- In addition, you must demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate and care for automated dispensing devices and equipment.
- Knowledge of, and ability to perform, aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of basic inventory procedures.
- Knowledge of pharmacy information systems.
CetechsWhy Work Here?
Cetechs is a strategic workforce solutions firm headquartered in Mesa Arizona, with locations nationwide. As a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), we are committed to providing the United States Government with exceptional personnel, providing quality patient care, engineering, and IT services to our active duty and retired military members, government employees, and their beneficiaries.
3001 Green Bay Rd.North Chicago, IL