Cetechs is currently hiring a Clinical Pharmacist to work at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.
- Valid unrestricted Pharmacy license in at least one state, territory or commonwealth of the United States
- Hold and maintain current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Shall have a current National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing the contract services
- Doctoral degree in Pharmacy from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Successfully completed a Residency in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Have completed one year of experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team
- At least one year of experience as a Pharmacist is required
- Have a minimum of one year of experience in teaching residents, patients, student Registered Nurses, or medical students within the last three years
DUTIES / TASKS:
- Provide inpatient and outpatient consultation services in pharmacy.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age-specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients. intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancy of the above-listed items.
- Provide medication information and medication therapy guidelines to the clinical staff as required.
- Provide medication and healthcare-related in-service training to clinical staff on new medications on the market; appropriate use of medications; comparison of current medication therapies; and other topics as deemed appropriate by the leadership.
Cetechs does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.