Are you a person who enjoys working with patients? Are you detailed oriented, and able to multitask?!? Are you a team player? If you answered yes to any of those questions then, this is a perfect position for you. The person who likes a fast-paced working environment, working with people, variation in their day, and is highly motivated in teaching patients about their health.
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phone
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized
- Has an understanding of EMR
- Receive payment for co-pays, co-insurance, and outstanding balances.Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
- Responds to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner
- Must have an understanding and familiarity with HIPPA compliance
- Protects patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous medical office experience
- Bi-lingual not required but a huge plus