Certified Source Staffing is seeking a Medical Assistant (MA). This position performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service. The incumbent must work collaboratively with all Clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can-do” attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the MA to serve as a point of contact with other internal and external departments, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions.
- Prepares for patient appointments by reviewing and updating patient records prior to appointment. Reviews patients records to determine needed services, referral completion status and checking lab/test results.
- Maintains exam rooms according to protocols: Cleans rooms between patients. Restocks exam rooms and reports when exam supplies are low.
- Appropriately prepares patient for visit and alerts physician when patient is ready to be seen.
- Provides initial medical screening: Greets patients, takes weight, height, temp, blood pressure, and basic medical history; accurately documents in medical chart.
- Assists physician or nurse upon request during examination of patient and according to generally.
- Utilizes time in a constructive and efficient manner by assisting in such duties as restocking rooms/shelves/trays, checking supplies and ensuring that all areas, exam rooms are clean and orderly.
- Performs general clerical duties in support of patient services according to the needs of the clinic and as directed by Clinical Manager and Director of Clinical Operations. These include but are not limited to answering phones, scanning, photocopies, faxing, typing, completing forms, etc.
- Performs routine quality check of equipment and promptly reports damaged or missing equipment from patient rooms.
- Ensures clinical areas are organized with respect of standards in safety and quality patient care. Works collaboratively with Clinical staff and other departments in solutions-oriented problem solving with the goal of providing quality patient care.
- Must have current RMA or CMA license in Oklahoma
- Occupational Medicine experience a plus
- Orthopedic experience a plus
- X-ray experience a plus