Senior Database Developer
Certified Laboratories Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Database Developer to join our growing team in a fully remote opportunity!
The senior database developer is responsible for the design, solution and enterprise LIMS database application. This is a senior level position, and involves responsibilities build an enterprise database platform to support our current state as well as future state roadmap of the LIMS platform. It is the expectation that this position will be able to plan for and solve the most complex database issues. This role requires performing advanced analysis and computer programming work involving all technical aspects of supporting, improving, and enhancing applications for large enterprise projects.
This position requires strong T-SQL or PL/SQL skills. Work assignments follow an Agile-like approach for design and completing code changes for defined software releases. This position works closely and reports to the Senior Labware Administrator and will collaborate with the Senior LIMS Developer to drive the implementation, support, optimization and scalability in our enterprise application.
- VMware infrastructure management
- Monitors, Optimizes and Supports SQL database installations.
- Windows Server administration: Provisioning, troubleshooting, monitoring
- Monitors and verifies the system back up policy is functioning according to specifications.
- Oversees the local day-to-day IT support team activities and provides level 3 support.
- Helps IT Management and architect in design, development, and implementation of strategic IT direction.
- The employee shall implement the Laboratory Quality Policy and perform their duties in accordance to existing project specific requirements, current Test Methods, study plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Compliance to Health & Safety policies and
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have hands on experience (7+yrs) with one or more modern programming languages, preferably Python.
- Must have significant (5+ years) hands on ETL & ELT development experience with one of the top ETL tools in industry (SSIS preferably).
- 5+ years’ of experience with source control systems.
- 5+ years’ of experience with Azure dev Ops, AWS Dev Ops is a plus.
- 10+ in design and building complex database queries (T-SQL or PL/SQL)
- Significant experience with MSFT tech stack is a plus
- Hand-on experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong understanding of Database Administration (Replication, Backup/Restore concepts, Clustering, Log-shipping)
- Ability to write database API or other utilities to support various platform needs
- Hands-on experience with various scripting languages/tools, data formats, networking concepts.
- Background in data management, data integration technologies and handling large volumes of data proficiently
- Experience from Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms & Cloud ETL tools
- Good knowledge of various database design /architecture, warehousing, modelling, and mining.
- Any experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, Python, etc.) is a plus/nice to have
- Prior hands-on experience working with LIMS and ELN (Electronic Notebook) Platforms is a plus
- Ability to provide understandable explanations to complex database design schemas and data to managers and users of the system.
- Positive team player and open-minded person in problem solving and team collaboration
- Ability to operate with minimal direction put delivery high quality LIMS solution to the platform and users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and concepts,
- Highly motivated individual and self-starter
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead discussions
We value our employees as they are the key to our success. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary with an extensive benefits package. We work to maintain a progressive and collaborative work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career.
Certified Laboratories is one of the largest and independent laboratories in the nation and is located in California, Illinois, New York, Virginia, and Texas. Each of our laboratories has its own area of expertise and is acknowledged as a leader in the field of food, cosmetics, and nutraceuticals safety and analysis.
Certified Laboratories values diversity in its workforce. The company is firmly committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and will administer its policies in a manner that treats each employee and applicant for employment on the basis of merit. Certified Laboratories will take affirmative action to seek out qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status.
Certified LaboratoriesWhy Work Here?
We encourage innovative ideas, rewards achievement, and value growth and success!
Certified Group is one of the largest independent laboratories, comprised of four nationally recognized laboratories. Located in New York, Illinois, Texas, Southern and Northern California, each of these laboratories has developed its own area of expertise and is an acknowledged leader in the field of food safety and analysis.
AddressLos Angeles, CA