The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for investigating and problem solving plant reliability issues utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) techniques and principles. This position will support maintenance teams in the rationalization, planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to drive improved sustainable plant reliability in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Gypsum’s Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO). The Maintenance Engineer will also provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant process modifications.
· Reports directly to the Maintenance Engineering Manager.
· Provides an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and services with a goal of world class yield, availability and reliability.
· Responsibilities include designing and developing new process systems, revising / maintaining existing processes; developing and implementing WCM projects, managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost/ benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
· Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
· Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
· Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
· Uses basic Focused Improvement (FI) tools to solve special cause maintenance issue.
· Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
· Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM’s that drive improved reliability.
· Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
· Works closely with Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
· Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
· Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions.
· Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
· Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to WCM / Early Equipment Management (EEM) standards.
· Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
· Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
· Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained. Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel.
· Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of reliability.
· Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
· Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiative
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties performed occasionally or in addition to essential duties.)
· Research, purchase, inventory, logistics and maintenance of spare parts stores area.
· Development of detailed maintenance tasks.
· Maintains various department records, files, reports and equipment ledgers.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED (List specific education, experience, training, certification, proficiencies needed. Must support the essential duties and serve as primary criteria for selecting and rejecting candidates.)
· Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
· 2-5 of more years of applied professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
· Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Ability to understand operating principles of our major process equipment (detail level, grade dependent).
· Project cost estimating, competitive bidding, critical path scheduling, resource funding, and capital funding.
· Application of combustion analysis, mass & energy balance, machine & fluid dynamics.
· Minor structural, building design improvements.
· PM technologies (vibration analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, ultrasonic) and AutoCAD LT.
Why Work Here?Built in 2008, CertainTeed Moundsville is located south of Moundsville WV and manufactures a variety of gypsum drywall products. The plant itself is a 513,000 square foot building located on an 11 acre site. Currently, Moundsville has approximately 110 associates working, the majority of which are trained board line/warehouse technicians supported by Maintenance, Engineering and Administration. The plant is a highly automated/high volume/continuous flow operation with a design line speed of approximately 500 fpm.
Good working environment, highly automated work environment, opportunities for growth