Quad Cities Fire Sprinkler Technician Level II with SIGNING BONUS!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Life Safety Technician – Fire Sprinkler II
SIGNING BONUS and RELOCATION to Quad Cities available for qualified candidates!
Who are we?
CertaSite is a fast-growing fire and life safety company. Fire and life safety is our passion. It’s all we think about. We leverage our hard-earned expertise to give people peace of mind, confidence, and more time to pursue their core businesses. Since 2018, we have grown from four to 15 markets serving over 14,400 customers throughout the Midwest.
As we grow and expand into new markets, we are building a team that loves what they do and has fun doing it. If you are looking to be challenged every day and for an opportunity to make a huge impact and grow with a mission-driven company focused on the customer, we hope you will consider this amazing opportunity.
Our Mission: To provide a meaningful impact to as many lives as possible.
Our Vision: To be the most dependable and simplified life safety solution on the planet.
- Passionate – Relentless pursuit to be great, not just good enough. And we have fun doing it.
- Impactful – Our work makes a real difference in the world. We literally save lives, but that’s just the beginning.
- Innovative – We believe there is always a better way. We don’t stop until we find it.
- Genuine – We do what we say, and we mean it.
We are looking for a life safety technician – fire sprinkler to perform inspection, testing, service and repairs of fire sprinkler systems and related components for compliance with applicable life-safety and fire-safety requirements as mandated by standards and codes, manufacturers requirements, federal, state and local ordinances, customer requirements, and the expectations and requirements of the company. This is a fast paced and demanding role with high visibility within the company. This role reports to the service manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Perform inspection and testing of all types of fire sprinkler systems at the required frequencies in accordance with the requirements and instructions contained in NFPA 25
- Troubleshoot and perform service and repair of fire sprinkler systems such as fire pumps and related components
- Record and document all inspections, repairs, discrepancies, and recommendations either electronically or manually
- Maintain a good positive relationship with the customer and pass on information to the appropriate personnel for follow up, quotes, questions, or concerns
- Maintain vehicle in clean and orderly fashion. Keep vehicle stocked with parts, equipment, and supplies, necessary to perform the job
- Maintain equipment and tools necessary to safely perform job
- Evaluate customer site for additional equipment and services that customer may require
- Work in compliance with the Company's safety program
- Perform on-site and/or off-site (phone) emergency troubleshooting of sprinkler systems
- Test backflow prevention devices as required by NFPA 25 and state and local codes
- Separate certification requirements may be necessary based upon the jurisdiction
- Discuss deficiencies noted with customer, explaining the problem and its resolution
- There may be situations which require work on nights, weekends, and/or holidays. For some locations, these demands will be more frequent or required than others. Discuss this with your manager
- Must be comfortable with heights, working on ladders or lifts, or in confined spaces
- NICET II Certification in water-based systems
- Minimum of 2 years of water-based fire protection systems layout core and related work experience. This must include at least 12 months of core water-based fire protection systems layout experience, including the complete layout of NFPA 13D, 13R, and/or 13 sprinkler systems, application of design specifications to NFPA 13 sprinkler and/or standpipe systems, field surveys for NFPA 13D, 13R, and/or 13 systems and standpipe systems, and detailing for other types of systems.
- The two years may include up to 12 months of related work experience, as defined below.
- 1 year of related experience credit may be granted for 5 years of experience in any one or any combination of the following:
- Special hazards suppression systems installation
- Special hazards systems layout
- Inspection and testing of water-based systems
- Sprinkler system installation
- 6 months of related experience credit may be granted for 3 years of experience in any one or two of the above work areas.
- Must possess the ability to calculate basic math including fractions, decimals and percentages
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to understand and operate basic computer functions, operating systems and software applications such as Windows, Word, Apple IOS, Android and Outlook. In addition, required to learn and use industry specific devices and software
- Must currently have a valid U.S. driver's license
- 2 – 5 years of experience with water-based fire protection systems
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Overtime may be required, and the number of hours may vary based on work location
- May be exposed to all kinds of work environments. Varying work environments from hot to cold temperatures and exposure to dust
- Occasionally asked to travel overnight to a customer location
- Must be able to successfully lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Frequent lifting and carrying of toolboxes, equipment, parts, tools, equipment, cabling, and/or wiring
- Frequent ladder climbing and checking, pulling wire, etc
- Walking, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, and raising hands overhead
- Driving is required and the amount of time driving may vary
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this position in accordance with safety standards
- Work at a mission-driven company, focused on people
- Comprehensive medical plan options, including dental and vision
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, and paid paternity leave
- Education reimbursement program
- 2021 growth plan includes continued growth and expansion into new markets and products and services
This is a unique opportunity to join a great team at a company that is quickly growing and evolving. Significant potential for growth.
Keywords: NICET, NFPA, alarm tech, suppression tech, sprinkler tech, national fire protection association, fire marshal
CertaSiteWhy Work Here?
Level up your career in fire and life safety at CertaSite!