Senior Software Engineer - Java
Are you looking for a job that helps with how decision making is done at Cerner? Shared Application Services (SAS) in Kansas City is growing and is searching for a Senior Software Engineer. Our team is responsible for enabling engineering teams to create innovative solutions and business teams to make data driven decision. We are the hub for driving Cerner's Data Engineering needs via Corporate Data Platform.
Being a Software Engineer on our team is both rewarding and challenging. You will be responsible for understanding engineering workflows, writing and configuring code while following the agile methodology, creating large scale technical designs and enhancements to existing software with minimal direction, and troubleshooting and proactively identifying issues. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to lead and own discussions between development teams, subject matter experts, internal users, or client-facing teams to clarify user stories, track issues, or resolve problems. We also look to our Senior Software Engineers to mentor and train new associates within the team and our training programs. This senior position mandates that you have a skill and desire to create a positive culture within the team and grow other associates by promoting knowledge through mentorship, coaching, technical talks, blogs, etc.
Auto req ID:
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/FF88D3155CB245EB98BA1DB8F934E3E5.ashx
E-Verify Participation (English) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/88648CD9668E49FBA6EB9C11FAA1634F.ashx
Right to Work (English) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/E1CD6BEF8082430E882E5CD9D5165A86.ashx
EEO is the Law (Spanish) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/801186E054394473A0E1380768F3FE47.ashx
E-Verify Participation (Spanish) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/88648CD9668E49FBA6EB9C11FAA1634F.ashx
Right to Work (Spanish) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/96E03778704E4492B394F95521A0B7E8.ashx
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of Software Engineering work experience
- Experience with DevOps
- Proficiency developing and debugging in Java, Python or Scala
- Experience with Java and Spring Boot technologies
- Hands on experience with Azure API's will be a huge plus
- Hands on experience with a scripting language (shell, bash or python)
- Familiarity with ReactJS is beneficial
- Familiarity and willingness to do Full stack development
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL technologies
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Familiarity in designing and developing microservices
- Familiarity in CI/CD and experience in automating pipelines
- Understanding of XML, JSON, Web Services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Understanding of big data, data analysis, data ingestion, data modeling and/or machine learning is an added benefit
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Relocation Assistance Available:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Job Family Group: