Senior Support Specialist
Cerge Tampa, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a remote position requiring working hours in the Eastern and/or Central time zones.
The Senior Support Specialist leads technical initiatives acting as a point of escalation for projects and support efforts as well as directly managing support requirements/requests as assigned. The Senior Support Specialist also plays a pivotal role in mentoring and supporting the Service Desk team, this individual is responsible for technical escalations, developing training materials/documentation and continuously building the skills of the internal team alongside the delivery of technical support.
At Cerge we believe that everybody is equally important to our mission. Cerge has exceptional standards for customer service, not only for the clients we support, but also for our employees. It is our expectation that the person in this role possesses a positive attitude when working with others and has a helpful spirit when finding solutions.
Job Purpose:The Senior Support Specialist is the perfect technical position for someone who enjoys working directly with customers to design and implement technical solutions on a project and support basis, has a passion for solving complex technical problems and mentoring others to do the same (acting as a point of escalation for our team), stays abreast of technology trends and advancements, and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In this exciting and varied role you will be expected to:
- Manage effectively the resolution of support issues that are reported to us in an efficient manner - acting both in a first line as well as escalation role
- Test, implement, and evaluate systems and service results. Coordinate and processes application upgrades, security patching, PCI-related items such as scans and reporting, platform software updates as necessary.
- Leverage endpoint management technology to build shared software packages, images and policy management.
- Create endpoint management scripts, packages, and ad hoc reporting
- Coach and mentor staff
- Act as a technical authority, providing expertise to both team members and clients
- Participate as a resource and leader within technical projects collaboratively with internal/external clients utilizing various systems to meet specific client goals
- Ensure that we surpass our customers’ expectations
- Communicate clearly to all stakeholders
Typical work activities include:
- Logging incoming customer communication, taking ownership of, and working on support queries
- Manage effectively the resolution of support issues that are reported to the team
- Keep customers informed in a professional manner ensuring accuracy of detail
- Troubleshooting problems and providing advice on the appropriate action
- Accurately record time, activity and all customer communications in line with procedures
- Install, support and provide routine maintenance to hardware and software
- Analyze and resolve faults ranging from a major system crash to a forgotten password
- Ensure that documentation and job notes are kept up-to-date and accurate
- Other duties as and when required by the management
- Posses a positive attitude, take initiative, excellent phone etiquette, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while accurately tracking time
- The ability to solve problems without supervision
- Have a sense of urgency when completing various technical tasks
- Must demonstrate a strong technical acumen along with attention to detail
- Overnight travel may be required
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 60-80% of the time working at a computer and using a phone
- Clean driving record
- Remote position requires high-speed Internet connection and distraction free place to work
- Willing to work outside normal office hours from time-to-time when required
- Frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service equipment
- Enthusiasm for IT and technology - self-motivated
- 50 hour average work week
Technical skills required
- 5+ years’ IT Support experience is REQUIRED
- Experience in an MSP/IT as a Service environment is HIGHLY desired
- Advanced knowledge of Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools (N-Central experience a plus but not required)
- Advanced understanding of operating systems (Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, macOS, iOS and Android) as well as typical Office suite applications
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts, setup, troubleshooting, and general administration (Meraki experience a plus but not required)
- Advanced experience with Office 365, Google Apps, and SaaS Cloud File Sharing products – including advanced troubleshooting as well as system migrations
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals
- Knowledge and experience setting up, managing, and administering basic AWS/Azure tenants
- Knowledge and experience with domain-based networks, such as file and print shares, mail and application servers
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory management as it relates to user account creation and modification, security group policy, and distribution groups
- Knowledge and experience managing mobile devices and tablets and mobile device management (MaaS360 + Meraki Systems Manager a plus but not required)
- Hands-on working experience with routers, firewalls, switches, VPN devices and wireless and other networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP
- Security Experience
- PCI (Credit Card Environment) experience
- GDPR (Customer data) and general PII experience
- Malware/Ransomware/Email Security best practices
- Security Incident Response and Incident Management experience
- Skills and experience with working with difficult or demanding clients and situations
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our Company values: Honesty, Integrity, Dedication, Loyalty, Reliability, Efficiency, Satisfaction and Contribution.
- A selection of Medical/Dental insurance options through our TriNet benefits HR administrator
- 401(k) plan administered by TransAmerica
- Vacation time
- Computer provided
- Cell phone/Internet stipend
TechnologyView all jobs at Cerge