Director of Payer Contracting
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cerebral is a one-stop shop for high-quality mental health care.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from 5 people in an off brand WeWork to over 2,000 team members across the United States working hand in hand to transform access to high-quality mental health care at scale. Our team will not stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality mental health care without the high cost, wait times, and stigma.
We recently became the fastest mental health company ever to unicorn status, having raised over $162 million and achieved a valuation above $1.2 billion. Cerebral's investors include Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, Chris Burch, WestCap, and Oak HC/FT.
It is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
** This is a Remote Position **
About the Role:
The Director of Payer Contracting will be directly responsible for initiating and progressing contracting conversations with national and regional health plans. The Director will focus on signing contracts with high-priority payers, with an eye toward improving patient access and increasing reimbursement. It will be important to rapidly scale national in-network coverage for Cerebral clients, while ensuring contracting terms and rates align with the Company's financial and legal objectives. The Director will also be tasked with renegotiating current payer contracts to maximize reimbursement and financial performance across Cerebral's service lines. Finally, this person will work closely with the Credentialing team to secure delegated agreements with high-volume payers.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast growing, highly motivated team.
- Initiate and progress contracting discussions with top national and regional health plans
- Renegotiate current payer contracts to improve reimbursement for Cerebral while expanding our national reach
- Work cross-functionally to ensure coordination with the recruiting, marketing, finance and credentialing departments
- Coordinate with select Cerebral executives to secure preferred provider agreements and other referral partnerships with leading health plans
- Conduct analyses and develop presentation materials to demonstrate quality care access and outcomes to our payer partners
- Engage regularly with executive leadership to communicate progress and goals
Knowledge & Skills:
- You have 8+ years of experience in roles where you have owned either business development or providing networking contracting efforts from end-to-end
- You have a deep understanding of payer business models and economics
- You are a relationship builder, and delight in forging meaningful bonds across all levels of an organization
- You thrive in ambiguity, and seek opportunities to approach difficult challenges, drive towards outcomes, and shape strategy
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to efficiently manage a robust payer contracting funnel
- You are a self-starter who seeks to innovate and improve processes in a fast-paced environment
- You are passionate about improving access to affordable high-quality mental healthcare
AddressNew York, NY
LegalView all jobs at Cerebral