Cerebral Staffing, LLC is seeking an Embedded Software Controls Engineer to work on-site(temporarily remote due to COVID-19) at our direct client John Deere in Waterloo, IA.
As an Embedded Software Controls Engineer, you will design, develop, test, and document embedded software for electromechanical/electrohydraulic subsystems for agricultural equipment projects. In addition, you will:
- Create and develop software per the John Deere Embedded Software Development Process.
- Participate in control system design and analysis.
- Participate functional/subsystem design/test requirement reviews and document results.
- Verify that subsystem meets requirements, through a combination of virtual and hardware based testing including; desktop, bench, vehicle simulator testing.
- Analyze current production/experimental issues, develop an understanding of the root cause and create appropriate action plans to resolve these issues.
- Provide technical support during system field-testing activities on an as needed basis.
- Provide necessary design documentation to support development of service publications.
What It Takes: We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Ag Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field.
We also require:
- Experience working in mechatronics; this includes a solid understanding of electrical and electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
- Subsystem design, software development, and electronic circuit design and analysis experience.
- Experience with C/C++ programming language and MATLAB/Simulink.
Additionally experience with software development tools for embedded microcontrollers in mobile applications.
- Control system experience preferably related to propulsion systems.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems.
- Experience with control systems design and analysis.
Manager is looking for candidates with 1-3 years of experience outside of school with development on a mechanical or hydraulic system. Automotive/Agricultural companies have this type of experience. Manager will phone interview candidates. Position will start off remote but will then return to the office once the site opens back up so candidates must be open to relocating to the Waterloo area for this position. Driving personal vehicle to other Waterloo facilities may be required for meetings.
Cerebral Staffing offers paid Holidays, PTO, 401k match, optional health/vision/dental insurance, paid over-time, short-time disability, and paid life insurance.
Cerebral Staffing, LLC